Preparation for Qiskit Camp hackathon
Things to install
Each hackaton participant must bring a laptop with the following installed:
- Python 3.5 or later, for example as instructed at https://www.python.org/downloads/
- Jupyter notebook software, for example as instructed at https://jupyter.org/install
- Qiskit, as instructed at https://qiskit.org/terra
- Qiskit Aqua, as instructed at https://qiskit.org/aqua
- It is often easiest to write programs using an IDE (integrated development environment). PyCharm is an example of one that's good for Python. Installation instructions at https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/download
- For those who want to make interactive applications including games, install Pygame. Installation instructions at https://www.pygame.org/wiki/GettingStarted
Things to learn
You'll need a basic understanding of quantum computing with Qiskit. Please work through the Learning Qiskit guide at learnqiskit.org up to and including the Entangling qubits with a CNOT gate Jupyter notebook.
Make sure you know about the following topics. If you need to brush up, you can use the linked materials.