A Sphinx Extension for Generating Jupyter Notebooks
This sphinx extension can be used to:
- build a collection of jupyter notebooks,
- execute the Jupyter notebooks,
- convert the executed notebooks to html using nbconvert with template support.
Note: It has mainly been written to support the use case of scientific publishing and hasn't been well tested outside of this domain. Please provide feedback as an issue to this repository.
Requires: Sphinx >= 1.7.2 (for running tests).
- https://lectures.quantecon.org/ - series of lectures on quantitative economic modeling
pip install sphinxcontrib-jupyter
to get the latest version it is best to install directly by getting a copy of the repository, and
python setup.py install
if you are wishing to make changes to the project it is best to install using
python setup.py develop
conf.py file to include the jupyter extension
and the desired Configuration settings (see configuration section below):
extensions = ["sphinxcontrib.jupyter"]
Usage in RST Files
The documentation is the best resource to find usage examples.
The documentation is the best resource for configuration settings.
This project is supported by QuantEcon
Many thanks to the contributors of this project.
Copyright © 2019 QuantEcon Development Team: BSD-3 All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the copyright holder nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.