Magento Extension for Universal Variable
- What's Universal Variable?
- Universal Variable is Opentag’s W3C approved data model
- W3C digital data toolkit
Universal Variable Specification
universal_variable on all pages follows open standarded universal variable specification. The specificaiton is also available on GitHub:
Supported Magento Versions
We've tested the followed versions. Please submit Github Issues with detailed description if you find any bugs.
- 1.6.x, 1.7.x, 1.8.x , 1.9.x CE
- 1.6.x, 1.7.x, 1.8.x Enterprise
To install the extension:
- Drop the
appfolder in this repository into your root Magento directory (making sure you perform a merge, not a replace)
- Log out and back into the Magento Admin interface.
- Navigate to the
System -> Configurationpanel from the top navigation bar.
- Configuration options can be found under
Qubit Universal Variable.
- Test site functionality thoroughly after installation.
- Enable Universal Variable turns on the object for the front end.
- Enable OpenTag adds an Opentag container using the ID below it to the head of the page, with different async options.
- Advanced Settings description are as follows:
- Show real product ID’s: This sets the product_id in the uv.product to be the database entry ID of a Magento product (i.e starting at 0), if set to ‘no’ it will mirror the sku_code
- Show stock information: turns on whether product and line_items.product contain stock information
- Show real user ID: Yes shares the database entry ID (can be bad for security reasons), no sets it to a hashed value (not super secure, but better than nothing)
- Show Magento version number in UV: Whether or not to display the Magento version number in the UV, only reasoning for ‘No’ is ‘Security by obscurity’.
- The final two options are aimed at developers and should only be changed if you are used if you don't use the standard page blocks. Shouldn’t be required to change from the default.
This is the recommanded way of installing the extenion. Get your extension key on the extension page and install the extension in your Magento Connect extension manager.
Thank you to the contributors improving our code base:
The extension is released under Apache License 2.0