#Queen's Sailing Website
- This site is built with Jekyll, a simple, blog-aware, static site generator.
- We use Bootstrap version 3 (currently v3.3.7) for its presentation framework.
- Various social media icons come from Social Buttons for Bootstrap.
- The Fluid theme used here comes directly from the Bootstrap example page. This is something that can be changed.
- We use the bootstrap-sync template for managing and versioning Jekyll, Bootstrap, and other third-party add-ons used here.
- Install Jekyll
jekyll server --watch
- Open http://localhost:4000 in a browser to see your local site.
To modify the site's css
- Install npm
npm installto get the bootstrap build dependencies.
- Clone Bootstrap from the Version 3-dev branch somewhere.
- Clone Font-Awesome somewhere.
- Modify gruntoptions.json to specify the location of your Bootstrap V3 and Font-Awesome clones.
- Modify the
variables.lessfile in our
/lessfolder to change facets of the website's presentation.
gruntto consolidate our
variables.lessfile over Bootstrap's, and build and stage our custom css and js files.