Gedit Django Project
This is a plugin for Gedit, the official text editor of the GNOME desktop environment. This plugin is for Gedit versions 3 and above. This plugin is NOT compatible with Gedit 2.x.
Gedit Django Project adds GUI interfaces for django-admin.py and manage.py commands within Gedit and simplifies working with Django projects.
- Create new projects (
manage.py startproject) and apps (
- Supports most of the django-admin.py and manage.py commands.
- Run the Django development server (
manage.py runserver) in a dedicated bottom panel.
- Run the interactive Python interpreter (
manage.py shell) in a dedicated bottom panel.
- Run the interactive database shell (
manage.py dbshell) in a dedicated bottom panel.
- Management commands which produce usable output such as
inspectdbcan optionally be loaded into a new Gedit document.
- Select appropriate apps from a GUI list of available apps for management commands which take a list of apps as parameters.
- Download the source code form this repository or using the
- Copy the files to the Gedit plugins directory
- Restart Gedit.
git clone git://github.com/Quixotix/gedit-django-project.git cp djangoproject.plugin ~/.local/share/gedit/plugins/ cp -R djangoproject ~/.local/share/gedit/plugins/