- Please download and run the installer
- The executable will install the simulator, Python3.7.3, USB driver, and the required python libraries
- Running the simulator will launch a copy of the Orion5 Server, so you won't need to launch this manually
- A folder will be created in your Documents folder (
Documents/RAWrobotics Orion5), this will have some example code and sequences, the simulator uses this as the default directory for its file manager.
Linux & MacOS Users:
Unfortunately, the simulator is not yet available for Linux and MacOS. Working on this now.
Download and extract the source code zip to get:
- MATLAB library and example code
- Orion5 Server, Firmware Updater and firmware binaries
- Python example code and calibration script
Install Python and the required libraries:
Note: We highly recommend creating a python virtual environment for using orion5
- Install the latest version of python 3.7
- The required libraries are
pip install rawrobotics-orion5- will pull the
pyserialdependency as well
Launch the Orion5 Server:
- Run the Orion5Server.py using
python Orion5Server.py, then you can connect from Python by using the orion5 library, and from MATLAB using the Orion5.m library.