R Community Diversity and Inclusion Working Group
The goal of the R Community Diversity and Inclusion Working Group (RCDI-WG) is to broadly consider how the R Consortium can best encourage and support diverse and inclusion. The short-term priority is to define and publicise on best practices for R community events, and ensure that events funded by the R consortium adhere to those guidelines. In the long term, the RCDI-WG will think about how diversity and inclusion can we woven throughout all R consortium activities.
Chair (and ISC sponsor): Hadley Wickham
The WG will be seeded with four members:
- Jenny Bryan, representing FORWARDS
- Gabriela de Queiroz representing R-Ladies
- A representation from the R/finance program committee
- Scott Chamberlain representing CascadiaRConf.
Any interested R community member is also welcome to join (see below for details, and one of the initial missions of the WG will be to recruit a diverse membership.
- Publicly recruit other members from the R community
- Review and revise the existing R Consortium Code of Conduct
- Develop diversity/inclusivity best practices for R community events
- Provide shortlist of existing resources to help conference organisers improve diversity/inclusivity
- Develop self-assessed conference badging guidelines
Deliverables will be available in this repo as the group begins work on them.
All project materials are available under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license
Join the mailing list to take part in the group.