ASF Jupyter Notebooks
Where python meets fun!!
Python Jupyter notebooks are a very nice way to play with data recipes and visualize data. It provides a low-barrier entry into Python development. See https://jupyter.org/ for more info about the overlying technology used.
This repo contains Jupyter notebooks developed to explore Synthetic Aperature Radar (SAR) data hosted at ASF in a friendly way.
Specific directories include notebooks for labs used in Franz Meyer's GEOS 657 Microwave Remote Sensing class (https://radar.community.uaf.edu). Other notebooks include data recipes developed at ASF.
To see what data is possible to manipulate and analyze, visit https://vertex.daac.asf.alaska.edu.
Many of the notebooks contained in this repo are built to be ran on notebook servers with specific software needs. The following is a non-exhaustive list of installed commonly used python and non-python packages.
- python 3.7.3 https://github.com/yunjunz/pyaps3.git
- numpy 1.18.1 https://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/
- matplotlib 3.1.2 https://matplotlib.org/contents.html
- scipy 1.4.1 https://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/
- pandas 1.0.0 https://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/version/1.0.0/
- bokeh 1.3.4 https://bokeh.pydata.org/en/latest/
- gdal 3.0.2 https://www.gdal.org/
- ASF MapReady https://github.com/asfadmin/ASF_MapReady
- ISCE 2.0.0_201609 https://winsar.unavco.org/software/isce
- GIAnT (only runs under python2.7) http://earthdef.caltech.edu/projects/giant/wiki
- SNAP 7.0 http://step.esa.int/main/toolboxes/snap/
- asf-hyp3 3.0.3 https://pypi.org/project/asf-hyp3/
- mintpy 1.2.0-7 https://mintpy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/