This is the repo for perspective "Adaptation in plant genomes: bigger isn’t better, but it's probably different" for American Journal of Botany "On the Nature of Things" serial
- data: This folder includes the files to make the figure.
- code: This folder includes the code.
- README.md: This file describes the content of this repo.
Figure1: Arabidopsis and maize significant GWAS hits as a function of gene distance.
- data: Maize_Arabidopsis_GWAS_hits.txt, 1001_arabidopsis_GWAS_tophit_closest_gene_distance, Wallace_etal_2014_GWAS_hits_AGPv2FGS_closest_gene_distance
- script: code/Figure3_AJB_review_GWAShits_gene_distance.Rmd
- source: maize Curated NAM-GWAS results download from Panzea, Arabdiopsis GWAS top hits download from AraGWAS
Figure2: Open chromatin and genome size.
- data: GS_chromatin.txt, Maher_study_chromatin.txt
- script: code/Figure1_open_chromatin_GS.Rmd
- source: The data used to make this figure is from following studies: Rodgers-Melnick et al. 2016, Wang et al. 2017, Qiu et al. 2016, Zhang et al. 2012, Burgess et al. 2017, Maher et al. 2017