SUIT compliant RIOT firmware support
The page gathers pointers and a how-to for experimental SUIT support in RIOT.
Plug your board! We have prepared a SUIT firmware update harness in RIOT, with which you can update the firmware of your IoT device using the SUIT architecture and suit-cbor-manifest-01 over CoAP and USB serial. You can consider the below goals:
Hackathon goals for SUIT connoisseurs: update the harness to the latest version of the cbor-manifest spec
- implement suit-cbor-manifest-v4 parser / validator, we suggest by default to hook it like done here.
- integrate a suit-cbor-manifest-v4 generator in the RIOT SUIT harness, we suggest by default to hook it like done here.
- gather questions on v4 spec and gather feedback/suggestions for v5 (talk to @bremoran or @emmanuelsearch)
Potential hackathon goals for other RIOTers:
Potential hackathon goals for newbies:
- setup your RIOT environment (see below)
- replicate the SUIT workflow with RIOT
- have a chat to figure out what next!
Preliminaries: Quick Setup
Hardware requirements: a board supported by RIOT, connected via USB to your laptop.
Get needed toolchain or install Vagrant, follow these SETUP INSTRUCTIONS.
Fetch RIOT SUIT Hackathon Branch, inside cloned RIOT repo:
git fetch https://github.com/kaspar030/RIOT ota_suit_v2 ; git checkout -b <BRANCH_NAME> FETCH_HEAD
- Install the suit_example dependencies, follow instructions in this README
Replicate the SUIT firmware update with RIOT
Learn more about RIOT's experimental harness for SUIT firmware update
- An overview of the test harness and its building blocks can be found HERE.
- Technical details on are provided in this README.