Playlick lets you create and share playlists with your friends.
There's a UI for creating, importing, and editing playlists and an accompanying JS library for modelling playlists.
Hooks into Playdar for content resolution.
Persists in a CouchDB database.
Error handling for streaming
Tag playlist import from Last.fm
Applescript export for iTunes
Setup CouchDB on playlick.com
Hosted playdar streaming
- First visit gives you an anon session that you can later activate with an email address and name
- Anon session lets you stream other's playlists and create/import and manage playlists in browser. "Activate to save and share these playlists"
- If you want to make your playlists streamable, you need a verified session, and a playdar daemon with a direct connection to the server.
- To make your playlist streamable by others, you create an obscured stream token for the playlist, signed with your session. You can then send around a link with this token, and once another user's session has been verified, they can stream direct from you via the tunnel on the server.
- Each session that begins a stream increments a counter, once a limit has been reached, the stream token expires. Maybe you can create more stream tokens for a playlist later.
- If another user has playdar, they can attempt to connect to you directly and resolve content elsewhere. Again, there is a limit to the number of people you can connect with. Maybe only allow local library resolution?