ROHM Sensor Shield Public Repository
- Applicable Part Number: SENSORSHLD1-EVK-101
- Description: A single board containing all ROHM Sensors with a common platform pin out
- Website Link: http://www.rohm.com/web/global/multi-sensor-shield
- Developer: USDC Applications Engineering Team, ROHM Semiconductor
- Date Started: March 2015
- Related Projects: https://github.com/ROHMUSDC/ROHMSensorPlatformEVK
- NOTE: The ML8511 and the ML8511A are OBSOLETE parts with no recommended replacement. Even though we still support this part on shield and you can find information for this sensor here; please beware that this sensor is being obsoleted and should not be used for new design.
ROHM Sensor Shield Included Sensors
- Core Sensors:
- ROHM BDE0600G – Analog Temperature Sensor
- ROHM BM1383AGLV – Digital Barometric Pressure Sensor (NOTE: Yellow sticker designates BM1383GLV on board... See FAQ, Question 2)
- ROHM BU52014HFV – Hall Switch Sensor, Omnipolar with Polarity Discrimination
- ROHM BM1422GMV – Magnetometer Sensor
- KIONIX KX122 – Digital Accelerometer
- KIONIX KMX62 – Digital Magnetometer and Accelerometer
- KIONIX KXG03 – Digital Gyroscope and Accelerometer
- LAPIS ML8511A – Analog UV Sensor
- ROHM RPR-0521 – Digital Ambient Light Sensor and Proximity Sensor
- ROHM BH1745 – Digital Color Sensor
- Special Functions:
- KNOWLES SPM0423HD4H-WB – Digital Microphone
- Primarily for use with NXP MCU Lineup
- KIONIX x2 KX122-1037, x2 KX122-1048 – Accelerometer
- For four corner Accelerometer algorithm development
- Difference between KX122-1037 and KX122-1048 is the I2C register address scheme to control all 4 accelerometers using a single I2C master.
- All other accelerometer functionality is the same. See FAQ section for additional information.
- KNOWLES SPM0423HD4H-WB – Digital Microphone
- Core Sensors:
- "Documentation" Folder
- "Sensor Shield General Datasheet" Folder - Contains the General Datasheet for this Shield Board
- "Sensor Datasheets" Folder - Contains Datasheets for sensors on the Shield Board
- "CE Declaration of Conformity" - Contains CE DOC along with all technical files associated with compliance
- "HW Source Files" Folder
- "SENSORSHLD0-EVK-101 HW Design Files" Folder - Contains Schematic, BOM, Layout, Gerber Files for this revision of the Shield Board
- "SENSORSHLD1-EVK-101 HW Design Files" Folder - Contains Schematic, BOM, Layout, Gerber Files for this revision of the shield Board
- "Platform Code" Folder
- "Arduino_UNO_FirmwareExample" Folder - Provides documentation and example code for Arduino UNO Platform
- "LAPIS_SensorPlatform_Firmware" Folder - Provides example code for ROHM's Sensor Platform Kit
- "MultiTech_Dragonfly_FirmwareExample" Folder - Provides documentation and example code for MultiTech's Dragonfly
- "Nordic_nRF51-DK_FirmwareExample" Folder - Provides documentation and example code for Nordic nRF51-DK
- "NXP_LPCXpresso54102_BlinkyExample" Folder - Provides example code for NXP's LPCXpresso54102
Current Supported Platforms
- Arduino UNO, Firmware Example and Documentation (This is our recommended starting point)
- LPCXpresso54102, Firmware Example Only
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF51-DK, Firmware Example and Documentation
- Recommended for BTLE Low Power Sensor Applications
- MBED Repository Page: https://developer.mbed.org/teams/ROHMUSDC/code/Nordic_UART_TEMPLATE_ROHM/
- ROHM Sensor Platform Kit: Firmware Example Only
- ROHM Sensor Platform Repository: https://github.com/ROHMUSDC/ROHMSensorPlatformEVK
- MultiTech Dragonfly and MTUDK2, Firmware Example and Documentation
- Recommended for Cellular Network Compatibility Applications
- MBED Repository Page: https://developer.mbed.org/teams/ROHMUSDC/code/MultiTech_DragonFly_ROHMSensorShield_Sam/
- What is the difference between SENSORSHLD0-EVK-101 and SENSORSHLD1-EVK-101?
- Removed Erroneous Jumpers
- Removed J5 to J11 and adjusted routing for J1 to J4
- Added ROHM BM1422GMV Magnetometer, 1.8V level shifter, and 1.8V LDO (for Magnetometer usage)
- Changed pressure sensor from BM1383GLV to BM1383AGLV. (No HW change, but new PN has new FW I2C register mapping)
- PN Change from ML8511 to ML8511A (only chip labelling change)
- Kionix Corner Accelerometer: one PN, KX123-1050, has been adjusted to the KX124-1050
- I just purchased a SENSORSHLD1-EVK-101. After testing it I noticed a "yellow sticker" on the back of the board and the pressure sensor code doesn't seem to work. What am I doing wrong here?
- The yellow sticker on-board designates that the board was built using the same SCH/BOM/LAYOUT as the SENSORSHLD1-EVK-101 design files show, however implements BM1383GLV instead of BM1383AGLV.
- Please refer to the sensor difference explanation between the BM1383GLV vs. BM1383AGLV at the following repository link:
- ...ROHM_SensorPlatform_Multi-Sensor-Shield\Documentation\Sensor Datasheets\ROHM_PRESSURE_BM1383xGLV\BM1383AGLV_changing_specification160127.pdf
- I see x2 KX122-1037 and x2 KX122-1048 Accelerometers on the board. What is the difference between these two part numbers?
Answer 3: * The difference between KX122-1037 and KX122-1048 is the I2C register address scheme to control all 4 accelerometers using a single I2C master.
* The KX122-1037 has a 7-bit register address of 0x1E or 0x1F (0x1E if ADDR pin is tied to GND, and 0x1F is ADDR pin is tied to VDD) * The KX122-1048 has a 7-bit register address of 0x1C or 0x1D (0x1C if ADDR pin is tied to GND, and 0x1D is ADDR pin is tied to VDD) * All other accelerometer functionality is the same. Please see the datasheet for both devices at the following page: http://www.kionix.com/product/KX122-1037
- I've programmed my Arduino Uno board with the sample code provided in this repository. However, The I2C operation does not seem to work. Do you know what may be the cause?
- On the Arduino Uno board, please note that the I2C pins connected to the top left header are actually routed to pins A4 and A5 on the bottom right connector.
- This conflicts with the UV Sensor ADC output already existing on the board.
- Thus, in order to re-route this on our board, we suggest the following rework:
- To disconnect the nets, remove R27 and R31
- For UV Sensor Operation, connect the top pad of R31 to the bottom pad of R27
- Please see the documentation "ROHM_SENSORSHLD1-EVK-101_ArduinoUsageManual_2016-05-31.pdf" or "ROHM_SENSORSHLD1-EVK-101_PlatformGuide_Arduino_2016-05-31.pdf" for additional details of this rework.
This Technical Data is protected under copyright laws.
ROHM hereby grants you a nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use this Technical Data as long as you abide by the terms and conditions of this DISCLAIMER.
However, you are not authorized to sell, loan, rent, lease, redistribute or license this Technical Data, in whole or in part, or in modified form, to anyone.
You may modify this Technical Data to suit your specific applications, but the rights to derivative works and said modifications shall belong to ROHM.
You may make copies of this Technical Data as necessary for internal use only within your company.
ROHM shall not be responsible for ensuring proper application on all computer systems. This Technical Data is provided AS IS. ROHM makes no guarantees, either implicitly or explicitly, regarding its usability, functionality, accuracy, merchantability, or fitness for a specific purpose.
In addition, you shall take full responsibility for the use of any information acquired from this Technical Data.
ROHM does not assume warranty of any kind arising from the use of this Technical Data. ACCORDINGLY, IN NO EVENT SHALL ROHM BE RESPONSIBLE, WHETHER THROUGH CONTRACT OR TORT LIABILITY, FOR ANY DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS OR OTHER INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR APPLICATION OF THIS Technical Data.
Furthermore, this Technical Data is subject to change without notice.
Unless otherwise expressly provided herein, ROHM does not convey any license under patent rights or any other intellectual property rights (including those of third parties).
ROHM is not obligated to provide maintenance or support for the Technical Data.