Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
This is a non-exhaustive list of current goals made possible with the support of our generous patrons.
Short term goals
- Improve SPU/PPU LLVM recompiler compatibility, add useful optimizations. (Nekotekina)
- Use compression to store compiled PPU modules. (Nekotekina)
- Rewrite SSSE3-using code using runtime compilation for better consistency. (Nekotekina)
- Fix some engine-specific rendering issues (kd-11)
- Improve the shader decompiler/recompiler (kd-11)
- Fix remaining problems with texture readback (write color buffers) (kd-11)
Medium term goals
- Improve SPU instruction accuracy for Fast Interpreter and ASMJIT, investigate vectorized software FP implementation.
- Improve audio and video decoders for better speed and compatibility.
- Improve controller support. This includes emulated controllers (with mouse or keyboard) and real controllers as well.
- Improve solution structure, move and rename some files.
- Implement missing syscalls. Allow to LLE more system modules.
- Write automatic tests to minimize bugs.
- Enable hardware acceleration for decryption (AES-NI). (#2457)
- Implement config tristate in GUI for per-game configurations.
- Improvements to the shader generation and cache system
- Implement parametrized PPU/SPU Interpreters reusing current LLVM IR generator, remove original hard-coded interpreters and make LLVM mandatory. Add options regulating its accuracy detached from the base choice of the Interpreter or the Recompiler. (Nekotekina)
- Remove obstacles for ASLR support. (Nekotekina)
- Rewrite signal handlers to improve reliability and support exceptions. (Nekotekina)
Long term goals
- Support booting from original game discs.
- Implement user manager.
- Support mic, camera, USB peripherals, etc.
- Implement network functionality.
- Implement every system module in the emulator. This will allow the emulator to work without the PS3 firmware.
- Improve game compatibility by fixing bugs and missing functionality.
- Continue to improve emulation speed and accuracy.
- Improve performance and compatibility of all renderers.
- Parse .eh_frame section in PPU analyser and use this information in LLVM recompiler.
- Implement MFC_DMA_TAG_CMD_STALL_NOTIFY_EVENT and other SPU events.
error_codefrom syscalls and functions to enable error reporting.
- Improve embedded debugging tools (CPU, RSX, Kernel Explorer).
- Implement BPIP for synchronization primitives.
- Cleanup the VS project files: reduce to two build types (Release and Debug), but both must use Release LLVM build. Debug build should include memory leak detection features.
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.