=== Rivendell Now&Next collector and browser === Contributors: kirchgem Tags: podcast, audio, feed, radio, media Requires at least: 4.9 Tested up to: 5.1 Stable tag: 1.0 License: GPLv2 or later License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
- Collects "Now & Next" signals from RDAirPlay (Rivendell's automation software)
- Creates a
/playlistWordpress page (which you can edit to change the title and the header text) where the user can browse Rivendell's playlist.
We have 3 roles for the machines involved:
- a player, the one running RDAirplay, will send now & next signals via UDP to the transmitter.
- a transmitter, which runs our
listen_now_and_next_and_post_to_wordpress.shscript. This machine can be the player.
- a wordpress server, which will receive artist/title signals from the transmitter.
- transmitter script as a system service
- i18n https://codex.wordpress.org/I18n_for_WordPress_Developers
- drop table in https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/register_uninstall_hook/
On the player:
- launch RDAdmin
- select your player
- click the
- click the
Configure Now & Next parametersbutton
- In the
Master log(at the top) section, enter the IP of the transmitter. The UDP port number should match the
PORTwritten in the transmitter script.
%a___%t%R(that's 3 underscores)
- Click OK to close all this
- Restart RDAirplay on the player.
On the WordPress server:
- Copy the plug-in forlder in your Wordpress installation (to
- Log in Wordpress as an admin and go to the extensions page.
- Find "Rivendell Now&Next collector and browser" in the list, and click on "activate".
- In the left menu browse to "Settings" and "Rivendell".
- Set a secret key: choose something long.
On the transmitter (assuming this is a freshly installed CentOS7, where we listen on port 2345):
sudo yum install nmap-ncat
sudo firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-port=2345/udp
sudo firewall-cmd --reload
listen_now_and_next_and_post_to_wordpress.sh: change at least
KEY, according to what you set above.
- copy this file to the transmitter machine, log in and run the script with
./listen_now_and_next_and_post_to_wordpress.sh &> listen_now_and_next_and_post_to_wordpress.log &
disown %1before logging out
Tracks should start to appear on http://yourWordpress.site/playlist