Sphere Studio is a powerful .NET-based integrated development environment for Sphere game development with an interface inspired by Visual Studio. It sports many features that the original editor lacks, such as single-step debugging and plugin support, and is fully compatible with both minisphere 3.0+ and the original Sphere 1.x "Vanilla" engine.
If you need additional functionality, the editor has a powerful plugin system which allows any kind of feature to be added by writing a plugin in C# or VB.NET. The possibilities are endless!
Sphere Studio v1.2.1 is the latest stable version. You can download the latest release from GitHub here:
note: .NET 4.5 or later is required to run Sphere Studio. On modern Windows systems this is usually included, but if not, the latest framework can be downloaded from Microsoft by clicking here.
- Game Start Page
- Project Tree Management
- Efficient Map Editor (Undo/Redo Support!)
- Code Editor with Quick Find and Replace
- Font Importer
- Image Editor
- Spriteset Editor
- Windowstyle Editor
- Modern Dockable Design
- Single-Step Debugging
- Multi-Engine Support
- Powerful Plugin Subsystem
- Sphere & minisphere Compatible
- Andrew "Radnen" Helenius - Creator & Developer
- Bruce "Fat Cerberus" Pascoe - Developer
- WeifenLuo DockPanelSuite Docking Library
- ScintillaNET Code Highlighting Library
- IrrKlang Sound Library
- ObjectListView Library
- Sphere RPG Engine
Thanks to all of those who tested the project!
Make sure to visit us on the Spherical Forums!