Tool Manager is a User Interface hack. I love RoboFont but I hate the glyph window's default toolbar. So I made my own.
This extension can be used in two ways: as a secondary, external tool palette or as a toolbar manager, in which you control the number of displayed tools in the default toolbar (that was an initial purpose, I have too many tools installed)
How to use it:
- install the extension, after the installation is completed, restart the app
- open glyph window (important)
- go to Extension menu in the main, top menu. Click on Tool Manager button
- amazing toolbar will appear.
- If you will stretch it, you will see the checkboxes.
- the checkboxes describe if the tool is activated (you won't be able to use disactivated tools, and they won't appear in the default toolbar)
- if you will click on the settings button, the settings section will appear: here you can set the custom keystrokes for each of the tools
- in the settings section, you will see two checkboxes: one will hide the default toolbar in glyph windows, the other one will turn on the extension work as a default toolbar (it will open and close along with glyph windows)