Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
This release includes all new features from v6 and fixes Gnome 3.30 problems from that version and adds shell notifications.
Additionally this version includes WebSockets. What that means?
It means that this version allows you to turn ANY device with web browser into your own Chromecast!
Select first file and play it in web browser and leave it open. The next time you select new file browser will automatically refresh and start playing it. You can also select multiple music files and they will be played one after another.
Try connecting your smartphone to your amplifier or any other speakers and turn them wireless without installing any additional apps (and without lowering sound quality like Bluetooth does). It works even with screen turned off (tested on Android Chrome). Pure fun!
This version unfortunately has small bug that makes it unusable on Gnome 3.30+ and will be available for download only here (it should work on Gnome 3.26 and 3.28)
This is a HUGE update (npm modules reinstallation might be needed).
- Chromecast subtitles support (without video transcoding)
- Select subtitles character encoding in settings (supports various alphabets)
- Both Chromecast and webplayer will show song cover when playing music (no more black screen)
- Select and cast multiple files to Chromecast
- Gnome remote now has position slider
- Change tracks using skip buttons
- Switchable repeat button (files will start playing from beginning after last one)
- Webplayer Firefox and other web browsers support
- Turkish translation by @TeknoMobil
- Reduce stuttering at video beginning by adding small delay (allows Chromecast to buffer a little before start)
- File is send to Chromecast as soon as ffmpeg finishes processing metadata/subtitles
- Fixed playback controls on mobile devices (plays perfectly with touch support on Android Chrome browser)
- Change web browser content without closing tab (page refresh is enough after selecting new file)
- Reworked a lot of code
- Ability to cast pictures has been added
- Toggle web player playback with touch (when playing on mobile device)
- Polish translation
- Italian translation by @amivaleo
- Server will keep running after screen lock
- Cast another file without stopping current playback
- Media will be send to Chromecast as correct type
- Reduced amount of read data when casting
- Fixed VAAPI transcoding of media with subtitles
- Other bug fixes and improvements
- Plyr will now be downloaded separately as npm dependency
- License changed to GPL-2.0
- First release on Gnome Shell Extensions website
- Fixed problems with multiple requests to encoded streams