Rakurri Brush Set for Krita
MAKE SURE TO INSTALL V2 FROM THE RELEASES SECTION
Feel free to use the brushes in your own artworks! No need to credit me! I hope you'll enjoy the brush pack! :)
Here is a video showcase of V2.0: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu4qoIPRU5E
How to download and install
- Go to this site: https://ko-fi.com/s/8b17a544d5
- Click the "Get Now"-button!
- Go to this site: https://rakurri.gumroad.com/l/rakurribrushes2
- Click the "I want this!"-button!
- Download "Rakurri Brush Set V.2.0" from the "Releases" section on the right. Here is a handy link: https://github.com/Rakurri/rakurri-brush-set-for-krita/releases/tag/V2.0
Installation in Krita:
- Go to “Settings”
- Press “Manage Resources Libraries...”
- Press “Import”
- Select the .bundle file
- Make sure "Rakurri Brush Set V2.0" shows up in the list and is highlighted with a white box around it, if it is not, click on it and press "Activate"
- Press “close” when you are done!
Tilt support/If the brushes do not work as showcased in the videos:
Most of my brushes are based on tilt support because that is a feature I really enjoy using! The negative side of this, is that they will not work well on some tablets and screen devices that does not support it! But there is a way to make them work! Here is a quick tutorial on how to convert the brushes to work decent without having tilt support:
First go to the “Edit brush settings” icon in the top bar or press F5, then enter the “Rotation” settings.
Turn on “Drawing angle”, and then turn off “Tilt direction”! If you wish, you can click “Overwrite Brush” to make these changes permanent!
How to download experimental and alpha brushes:
1. Put the contents of "V2.0 alpha brush presets" and/or "V2.0 experimental WIP brush presets" into Krita's "paintoppresets" folder.
(Located here on Windows: "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\krita\paintoppresets". You could alternatively find it via Krita here: Settings -> Manage Resources -> Open Resource Folder)
2. To make sure the experimental and alpha brushes have the correct brush tips and patterns, we need to put some more files from the GitHub into your local Krita folder:
Put the contents of "brush tips" into Krita's "brushes" folder
(Located here on Windows: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\krita\brushes)
Put the contents of "patterns" into Krita's "patterns" folder
(Located here on Windows: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\krita\patterns)
Linux users can utilize the Makefile which was kindly made by tekakutli
cd rakurri-brush-set-for-krita make install