Piet Creator is a cross platform GUI IDE for the Piet esoteric programming language. It includes a graphical editor, embedded interpreter, and integrated debugger.
"Piet is a programming language in which programs look like abstract paintings. The language is named after Piet Mondrian, who pioneered the field of geometric abstract art. " - David Morgan-Mar. email@example.com (Piet Author)
Piet Creator's primary author is Casey Link firstname.lastname@example.org.
The interpreter backend is provided by npiet, a piet interpreter written in C by Erik Schoenfelder.
Piet Creator is licensed under the GPL v3, and is written in C++ with Qt.
Piet the esoteric programming language was created by David Morgan-Mar email@example.com, and is copyright by him.
Compiling / Running
Prerequisites for Linux/Mac OS X/Windows:
- Qt >= 4.6
- libPNG - http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/libpng.html
- GD Graphics Library - http://www.boutell.com/gd/
- CMake - http://www.cmake.org
Piet Creator uses the cmake build system, which is supported on all major operating systems.
On Linux/Mac OS X
From the source directory:
On Windows (With VS 2008)
- Create the build directory as shown above
- Run the same cmake command "cmake ../" or "cmake path_to_sources"
- Open the resulting .sln in Visual Studio
- Execute the pietcreator.exe binary in Debug/
On Windows (With mingw)
- Unknown. Anyone care to contribute?
- You will need the Qt SDK for windows that includes mingw from: http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/sdk-windows-cpp