What is RsyncHero ?
RsyncHero is a threaded backup solution, It works on speeding and optimizing the backup process of rsync by running parallel pool of workers for the backup process and excluding file paths of common tmp files and other extensions to save diskspace and bandwidth. In addition to that an easy-to-use web console is here to manage the backup server and clients.
- Python3 with SQLite enabled
- SSH-Keys between backup server and clients
- Setup SSH-Key between the backup server and the clients.
[root@BACKUPSERVER ~]# ssh-copy-id root@$CLIENTIP
- Clone this repo and modify
vary.pyfile with your preferred paths to backup.
- Go to rsynchero_web and initiate the database.
cd rsynchero_web python3 manage.py makemigrations python3 manage.py migrate python3 manage.py createsuperuser
- Run the django server from the same directory and define your prefered IP and Port to bind on. Ex. to bind on all networks and port 8000
python3 manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:8000
And for local network
python3 manage.py runserver
- Enter the backup server IP and port in the browser and add the clients from the web console.
python3 main.py --allfrom the ROOT dir to backup all servers or
python3 main.py --ip=SERVERIPto backup specific server.
- Do not forget to play around with your cron.