tablesorter is a jQuery plugin for turning a standard HTML table with THEAD and TBODY tags into a sortable table without page refreshes. tablesorter can successfully parse and sort many types of data including linked data in a cell.
See the full documentation
- Basic alpha-numeric sort Demo
- More demos can be found in the documentation
- Demos & playgrounds - updated in the wiki pages.
- Multi-column sorting.
- Parsers for sorting text, alphanumeric text, URIs, integers, currency, floats, IP addresses, dates (ISO, long and short formats) & time. Add your own easily
- Support for ROWSPAN and COLSPAN on TH elements.
- Support secondary "hidden" sorting (e.g., maintain alphabetical sort when sorting on other criteria).
- Extensibility via widget system.
- Cross-browser: IE 6.0+, FF 2+, Safari 2.0+, Opera 9.0+.
- Small code size.
- Works with jQuery 1.2.3+
- Copyright (c) 2007 Christian Bach
- Main Examples and docs at: http://tablesorter.com
- Dual licensed under the MIT and GPL licenses:
View the complete listing here.
Version 2.0.27 (2012-1-31)
- Setting this option to
true, allows you to click on the header a third time to clear the sort
- Clearing the sort DOES NOT return the table to it's initial unsorted state.
- Setting this option to
- Fixed pager page size not sticking. Fix for issue #24.
Version 2.0.26 (2012-1-30)
- Widgets should no longer be applied twice when an initial sort direction is added. Fix for issue #21.
- Modified Green theme:
- The Green theme sort direction icon is now applied to only the first span it encounters inside the header. The UI theme adds a second span for it's icon.
- Essentially to fix this demo which allows switching between all of the themes.
- Modified the UI theme to now add a div that wraps all of the header cell content to allow positioning of the sort direction icon.
Version 184.108.40.206 (2012-1-27)
- Changed Blue theme to vertically align arrows. Fix for issue #12.
- Fixed sticky header widget so varing width columns now update when the pager plugin changes pages. Thanks to locationRoura for reporting this issue.
Version 220.127.116.11 (2011-12-15)
Version 2.0.25 (2011-12-14)
- The ui theme and sticky header widgets now work together and update the arrow direction. Fix for issue #15.
- Empty cells with only a tab or space will now sort at the bottom. Thanks to pursual for the fix for issue #16.
Version 2.0.24 (2011-12-12)
- Modified empty cell sorting to always sort at the bottom. Fix for issue #14.
- Updated the sticky header widget to line up properly with the UI theme. Fix for issue #13.
Version 18.104.22.168 (2011-12-6)
- Updated the sticky header widget again to not interfere with the filter widget. Fix for issue #10.
Version 22.214.171.124 (2011-12-6)
- Updated the sticky header widget to reposition the sticky header when scrolling left. Fix for issue #9.
Version 126.96.36.199 (2011-11-7)
- Updated the filter widget:
- Changed filter input from visibility hidden to display none. Fix/enhancement from issue #7.
- Modified the widget to better work with child rows. Added the
widgetFilterChildRowsoption. Fix for issue #8.
widgetFilterChildRowsis true, all child row content is included in the row filtering; if false, the child row content is ignored.
tableClassto the documents. Apparently I forgot to add it before.
- Added a note to the filter demo bringing up issue #6.
- Miscellaneous updates to the documents.
Version 188.8.131.52 (2011-10-28)
- Fixed pager size & total pages not being retained after destroying, then restoring the pager. Thanks to crush123 for reporting the problem!
Version 184.108.40.206 (2011-10-26)
- Fixed the pager plugin to prevent errors when initialized on an empty table. Fix for issue #5.
- Added a Resizable Column widget
- At this time, this widget allows resizing the column widths from the header.
- The column widths are not saved, but if I did consider saving the widths to local storage. I just didn't get around to doing it.
- Demo page added.
- Reorganized the next demo links, located at the bottom of every demo page, to match the order on the main document page.