tablesorter is a jQuery plugin for turning a standard HTML table with THEAD and TBODY tags into a sortable table without page refreshes. tablesorter can successfully parse and sort many types of data including linked data in a cell.
- Multi-column sorting.
- Parsers for sorting text, alphanumeric text, URIs, integers, currency, floats, IP addresses, dates (ISO, long and short formats), time. Add your own easily
- Support for ROWSPAN and COLSPAN on TH elements.
- Support secondary "hidden" sorting (e.g., maintain alphabetical sort when sorting on other criteria).
- Extensibility via widget system.
- Cross-browser: IE 6.0+, FF 2+, Safari 2.0+, Opera 9.0+.
- Small code size.
- Works with jQuery 1.2.3+
- Copyright (c) 2007 Christian Bach
- Main Examples and docs at: http://tablesorter.com
- Dual licensed under the MIT and GPL licenses:
View the complete listing here.
Version 2.0.7 (2011-07-17)
- Added "pagerChange" and "pagerComplete" events to the pager plugin which trigger on the table. See the pager demo for an example on how to bind to them.
- Added the "sortAppend" since the option was there, but apparently the code wasn't.
- Added missing documentation from my blog post
- This included a few new example pages: apply widgets, child rows, render header, sort append and zebra widget.
- Added a methods and events table.
- Fixed the minified version. Apparently sorting functions called by the eval were removed by the Google Closure Compiler. Resolved by using "Whitespace only" optimization.
- Fixed syntax highlighting; updated Chili.