Emoji One Fonts
There's no better way to port our emoji into your device than through a native font. We don't have the resources ourselves to construct fonts, so we'll depend on helpful contributions from the open source community.
Google Font - emojione-android.ttf
- Compatible with rooted Android devices.
- Updated November 5, 2016
Android Setup Help:
- We recommend Emoji Switcher (now free for EmojiOne): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stevenschoen.emojiswitcher&hl=en
- Reddit Thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/3xezb9/emojione_on_android/
- Must have a rooted Android phone.
- Compatible with Mac OSX, and iOS devices (iPhone, iPad).
- Rename font to Apple Color Emoji.ttf for Mac OSX.
- Rename font to AppleColorEmoji@2x.ttf for iOS, jailbreak required.
- Known Issue: On Mac OSX, emoji may display significantly smaller than normal (system wide).
- Updated July 18, 2016
Mac OS Instructions: Using the latest OS (El Capitan), I was able to load this emoji file in less than a minute. The original emoji ttf is located in system/library/fonts, do not touch this. You can safely upload the renamed file (from emojione-apple.ttf, to Apple Color Emoji.ttf) to the /library/fonts folder. That file will override the default. This was my experience, but yours may vary. If someone could create a video and/or web-site guide, we'd gladly link to it.
iOS Instructions: Search for “EmojiOne 2016” on Cydia and apply with BytaFont. Cydia is a software application for iOS that enables a user to find and install software packages on jailbroken iOS devices (iPhone, iPod, iPad).
EmojiOne SVG-based Color Fonts
Through a cooperative effort with Adobe Systems, EmojiOne created black and white versions of the emoji set which were used, in part, to generate this font. Using these fonts with Firefox or Microsoft Edge, you can enjoy full-color EmojiOne emoji. Black and white images will show as the fall back for systems that are not able to render color SVG fonts. The font is available in the following formats:
- Open Type Font: https://github.com/Ranks/emojione/raw/master/assets/fonts/emojione-svg.otf
- Web Open Font Format: https://github.com/Ranks/emojione/raw/master/assets/fonts/emojione-svg.woff
- Web Open Font Format 2.0: https://github.com/Ranks/emojione/raw/master/assets/fonts/emojione-svg.woff2
The black and white images used to generate these fonts are also provided here:
- SVGs available at https://github.com/Ranks/emojione/raw/master/assets/svg_bw/
- PNGs available at https://github.com/Ranks/emojione/raw/master/assets/png_bw/
- If you have a font to add, please submit a pull request.
- Please thoroughly test the files the best you can.
- Let us know how you'd like to be acknowledged.
Warranty & Disclaimer
- These files are very raw and not fully tested.
- We provide no guarantees that the font will function on your device.
- Google Font: Thanks to Miguel Sousa from Adobe Systems.
- Apple Font: Thanks to Philip (@pw5a29) and Cody (@vXBaKeRXv).