Error Log Dashboard Widget is robust zero-configuration and low-memory WordPress plugin to keep an eye on error log.
Logging errors is recommended best practice, even for production site. Checking those logs however might seem like a chore.
The widget brings latest entries from error log right to WordPress dashboard:
- log file is detected automatically from configuration;
- only end of file is read - no memory overflow issues, safe for large logs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which log is monitored?
Log file path is read from
error_log PHP setting, which can be configured by WordPress or otherwise. Additional logs can be monitored by filtering list on
Why so many/few lines?
error_log_widget_lines hook to control how many lines you want to see.
Will everyone see the widget?
Only users with
manage_options capability (Administrators) will see the widget. You can change this by filtering
- moved source to GitHub/Packagist
- (bugfix) fixed strict error notice for WordPress 3.6
- (bugfix) fixed errors on invalid and empty log files
- (bugfix) fixed memory leak in last_lines() function
- Initial release.