Raspberry Cook is a project started near September 2015. The first idea was simple: try to build a web-application without knowing. To make it more funny, I want to build it on a Raspberry Pi B+.
So I asked my girlfriend:
"Hey! Do you want a cool website?"
"Yes, I want! To save all my recipes to cook."
"Say no more!"
So for me purposes was very clear:
- make a beautiful design
- built it on my great Raspberry Pi B+
- build a clean code and learn more & more technology
- make happier my girlfriend
- make it with love
So this project start with PHP / SQL / HTML / CCS on my Linux Mint laptop. I buy a Raspberry PI for some Euro. I start to learn all SSH commands and to build a Apache Server. And I did all my best
When I was happy of my work. I broke all result to convert it into Ruby On Rails Framework to have the greatest website on hearth, of course !!
- SASS for Stylesheets
- Units Tests to ensure all work fine
- Capistrano to deploy on my Raspberry Pi
- will_paginate for pagination
- carrierwave & rmagick for upload picture and resizing ( may need to install libmagickwand-dev
sudo apt-get install libmagickwand-dev)
- sitemap_generator to build automatically a beautiful Site Map
- authlogic for authentication
- unread for notifications system
- simplecov for units tests coverage
Things I want to do
- Add a ingredients feature to calculate some stats about the recipe
- add connection with Instagram & Facebook