- Fixed an issue using "host" when adding a ban for a user that only have a reverse but no A-record in DNS, this caused the ban to fail, ripecheck now always use ip.
- Fixed a regression bug with failed reverse DNS lookups - Added package reguire on Tcl 8.5
* Introduced a new namespace, ::stderreu, to be shared among all my scripts * Added a plugin in system that each of my scripts can plugin too to display built in help on the dcc console by using .help
* Updated README * Not necessary to run a second dnslookup when topchk is enabled * Simplified parsing of whois information by extending a regexp
* New ripeconfig boolean option 'geoban' toggle to use ipinfodb as primary ban method, fallback to whois if ipinfodb fail
* Description field should now be properly set * Output for !ripeinfo tweaked * AbuseMail field changed name to Contact
* Better detection of abuse / contact mail address * If description doesn't exist revert to using owner if that information exist
* Added logmode, when this is active no bans will be set. The bot will log a ban as usual though.
[FIX] Only set country on first occation
* Code preparation to implement geo ip ban support
[CHANGE] !ripegeo [#channel] <nick|host> [CHANGE] !ripeinfo [#channel] <nick|host>
…he longest one [CHANGE] Updated code that use getLongLength to send the argument as a list
[NEW] Public !ripegeo command, accept <nick|host> as argument [NEW] Private message (/msg) !ripegeo command, accept <host> as argument The !ripegeo commands will return more exact information about the location of the host, currently it's using http://ipinfodb.com which is a free service. Keep in mind though that this service has a rate limit of max 2 queries per second, the rest will be queued. There is no maximum query limit. [TODO] Implement ripegeo as an alternative to whois lookup in the main code to allow using this data to ban a host either by country or by city
This version will get added support for GEO IP using http://ipinfodb.com/