Highlight Search Terms
Very lightweight jQuery script that wraps search terms in an HTML5 mark tag when referer is a search engine or within wp search results.
Highlights search terms within WordPress generated search results or when referrer is a non-secure search engine, both on the search results page and on the post page itself.
This plugin is light weight and has no options. It started as very simple fusion between How to Highlight Search Terms with jQuery - theme hack by Thaya Kareeson and Search Hilite by Ryan Boren. It has since evolved with many optimizations, HTML5 and bbPress support.
- Click through highlights: Highlights not only on WP search results page but also one click deeper inside any of the found pages
- Character and case insensitive (lenient) highlighting
- BuddyPress / bbPress compatibility: highlighting within forum searches
- Caching (WP Super Cache) compatibility
- Search terms wrapped in double quotes now considered as single term