Rename instances of razor-lightdm-greeter to lightdm-razor-greeter #533

Closed
jleclanche opened this Issue Jan 13, 2013 · 7 comments

Projects

None yet

3 participants

@jleclanche
Member

Lightdm greeters are typically named lightdm-foo-greeter. Our .desktop is properly named, but the binary itself isn't.

@amoskvin
Member

And Razor applications are typically named razor-foo. :P

Why does it matter? No one really needs to care what the binary is.

On Sunday 13 January 2013 14:40:01, Jerome Leclanche wrote:

Lightdm greeters are typically named lightdm-foo-greeter. Our .desktop
is properly named, but the binary itself isn't.


Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
#533

@jleclanche
Member

Only reason I mention that is the arch package has to be razor-lightdm-greeter instead of lightdm-razor-greeter then.

@amoskvin
Member

On Sunday 13 January 2013 15:08:16, Jerome Leclanche wrote:

Only reason I mention that is the arch package has to be
razor-lightdm-greeter instead of lightdm-razor-greeter then.

According to our packaging guidelines, unless it conflicts with distro's
guidelines, it should be called "razorqt-lightdm-greeter" (with "qt"):
https://github.com/Razor-qt/razor-qt/wiki/Packaging

That's what the package is called our RPM builds as well as in Gentoo:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/binaries?package=razorqt&project=X11%3AQtDesktop&repository=Fedora_17
http://en.znurt.org/razorqt-base/razorqt-lightdm-greeter

In Ubuntu, it's "lightdm-razorqt-greeter" for some reason, though:
https://launchpad.net/~razor-qt/+archive/ppa/+sourcepub/2925279/+listing-archive-extra

@jleclanche
Member

To be honest, I'm not sure why we have the lightdm greeter in the Razor-qt git repo in the first place; does it depend on anything in there? It would do well to be in its own repo, imho.

@amoskvin
Member

On Sunday 13 January 2013 15:46:53, Jerome Leclanche wrote:

To be honest, I'm not sure why we have the lightdm greeter in the
Razor-qt git repo in the first place; does it depend on anything in
there? It would do well to be in its own repo, imho.

Ummm... yes, it depends on librazorqt as well as razor-power, and uses
Razor's QSS themes. It's also only about ~300 lines of code.

It's a Razor component like any other.

@jleclanche
Member

Oh, nvm my last post then.

@surlykke
Member
surlykke commented Apr 1, 2013

Did we agree to to leave it as it is? Can I close #533 ?

br. Chr.

2013/1/14 Jerome Leclanche notifications@github.com

Oh, nvm my last post then.


Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHubhttps://github.com/Razor-qt/razor-qt/issues/533#issuecomment-12203267.

@amoskvin amoskvin closed this Apr 17, 2013
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment