Linux port and QoL
Porting to Linux required a change from netstandard2.0 to .NET 6.0. Plugins can still be written in netstandard2.0.
The start.cmd has been updated to
timeout instead of
pause. A start.sh startup script has been included as well. Please modify the variables as necessary.
Check Assets section for link to download.
version 220.127.116.11 -> 18.104.22.168
- If program disconnects and cannot reconnect due to instanced variables, the program will shut down, and granted there is a reconnect script, will
- "--help" command is now disabled unless command name specified in startup arguments.
- Two startup arguments, --skip-update for skipping the update-check step, and --automated for skipping the manual plugin load step. With these two, unattended running is possible in the case of an unexpected crash.
This update is fixing a problem that arouse from switching to a halt and wait for input upon plugin exceptions. Errors in this domain meant a bot would not properly reconnect when service was suddenly interrupted. Now this fix ought to cause reconnects to be handled properly again.
version 22.214.171.124 -> 126.96.36.199
- A plugin throwing an exception will now timeout instead of wait for input
- Program should properly shut down the current process when updating
version 188.8.131.52 -> 184.108.40.206
- "Up to date" message only shows conditionally after entering "y"
- Reader output null or empty data mitigation
- Reload command properly re-initializes plugins
- Unnecessary database code
- There is a random connection error upon startup that is difficult to
troubleshoot but it might be fixed in this update (as in after the
changes it has not happened again)
Minor fix to update sequence
Addition to the starting up sequence
Automatic updating upon user request, and other
version 220.127.116.11 -> 18.104.22.168
- Unload plugin info text
- Versioning info on program startup
- Update check and download upon request
- Unloading plugins when encountering an error in the loop and then reconnecting
- Duplicate command caution message
- ChatRoom.CommandChar variable is now properly changeable
- Command character is now properly configured for each command
Index crash fix, General help command (--help)
version 22.214.171.124 -> 126.96.36.199
- General help command for listing plugins, commands, and command help information (--help)
- HelpMessage command now follows the general usage
- Missing index for "returning chatter" causing crash
Added command handling
version 188.8.131.52 -> 184.108.40.206
- BadgeType.None enum value
- Flag for whether or not to auto handle command HelpMessage responses
- HelpMessage response implemented
- CommandName not trimming correctly
version 220.127.116.11 -> 18.104.22.168
- Command register methods for better organization
- There are now specific command events and an AllCommandEvent
- Virtual command modifier in TwitchBot class
- Command permissions now can be filtered by each instance
- HelpMessage class and methods to output specific-command information
netstandard2.0 Framework and bug fix
Since netstandard2.0 is relevant on many application platforms, it seems more reasonable to use this framework.
The bug fix is about grabbing message data from raw IRC output; there was a string handling error that became apparent after the previous release.
version 22.214.171.124 -> 126.96.36.199
-> Target framework switched to netstandard2.0
-> Message data aggregate truncating value
.NET 6.0 Release
More explicitly v188.8.131.52, this release addresses changes in Twitch's IRC messages and more importantly, releases the product key requirement.
The wiki home page contains information on this application's use. Since the previous version, the way the program aggregates chat room data has been completely revised and is accessible for writing plugins. The events have consequently also been updated.
Also, any plugins previously written for this bot API have been made obsolete, but porting them mostly requires renaming variables as well as updating the ApiVersion to 0.2.
version 184.108.40.206 -> 220.127.116.11
-> Complete revision of data aggregate
-> Badge detection revised
-> All events now include channel name
-> Event data revision
-> License key requirement