Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
The binwalk v2.1.1 release includes many improvements, including:
- Many bug fixes
- New/improved file signatures
- Disassembly scans (using the Capstone Engine)
- Improved raw Deflate compression detection and extraction
- Raw LZMA compression detection and extraction
- Improved false positive detection for common compressions (Zlib, LZMA)
- An IDA plugin for running binwalk inside of IDA
- Integration of better extraction utilities (e.g.,
- Removal of all C library dependencies, including libmagic - pure Python!
- Native Windows support!
Thanks to everyone who submitted bug reports and pull requests!