CocoaReactComponentKit is ReactComponentKit for Cocoa, Mac OS X. CocoaReactComponentKit is a library for building NSViewControllers. You can make NSViewControllers based on Components. Also, It uses MVVM and Redux architectures for unidirectional data flow.
- (1) : Components dispatch actions
- (2) : ViewModel passes the actions to the store. You can use beforeDispatch(action:) method to do some work before dispatching actions.
- (3) : Store passed current state to the Redux pipeline. Middlewares, Reducers and Postwares make a new state.
- (4) : New State comes out from the Redux pipeline. It is passed to the store.
- (5) : Store passes the new state to the ViewModel.
- (6) : ViewModel passes or propagates the state to the Components.
CocoaReactComponentKit provides four components basically.
- It is a basic component for making a scene. It is just a NSView that has some convenient methods for dispatching actions and receiving states.
- It is a component for making a scene that uses NSCollectionView.
- It is a component for making a scene that uses NSTableView which has only one column.
- It is a component for spliting a massive view controller.
- Above example is a GutHubSearch for Cocoa app. It is remake version of GitHubSearch iOS App for ReactComponentKit. You can find the code at GitHubSearch.Cocoa
- Above simple example shows how to use NSTableViewComponent and NSCollectionViewComponent. You can find the code at here
How to install
The MIT License
Copyright © 2018 Sungcheol Kim, https://github.com/ReactComponentKit/CocoaReactComponentKit
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.