- Pass transition hook's arguments correctly (#4123 by @arkist)
- Fix index routes inside async pathless routes (#4147 by @taurose)
- 'to' maybe undefined (#4216 by @panzj)
- Fix withRouter error when used without a Router (#4295 by @dropfen)
- Adding support for escaped parentheses in Route Paths (#4202 by @sebastiandeutsch)
This release fixes problems with the last release for users of npm 2.x and yarn. If you're having trouble with alpha 5, this version should give you less trouble.
Skipping the changelog on this one, as @ryanflorence has a heavily refactored version coming in the next day or two. Please wait for that release before upgrading if you're not blocked by the previous release's packaging issues.
This release removes all the deprecation warnings from
v2.x along with some bugfixes.
While the focus of this project is shifting towards the component-based
v4, this branch will be maintained indefinitely!
Bug fixes will continue to be accepted. We are not going to leave anyone hanging and want to assure you that
v3 development will be alive and well.
Oct 24, 2016
- Bugfix: Cancel pending enter/change hooks on location change (#4063)
- URL decode all parameters (@tyrsius in #3991)
- Fix ambiguous Miss component not rendering (@TimothyKrell in #3980)
- Don't include a trailing slash if the basename is not empty (@jochenberger in #4000!
- Match exactly takes parent into account (@alisd23 in #4001)
- Fix non-exact match of pattern with trailing slash (@aaugustin in #3923)
- Add and (@aaugustin in #3912)
- Limit size of matcher cache (@alisd23 in #4004)
- Re-enable proptypes warnings (@mjackson in 5f4b649)
- Fix build scripts on windows (@alisd23 in #4088)
- Fix hashType prop on HashRouter (@herrkris in #4024)
- Remove react-history dep (@ryanflorence in d041434)
- Links apathetic to active state don't subscribe (@pshrmn in #3986)
- blockTransitions returns teardown function (@maxdeviant in #4058)
- PropTypes are now exported (@alisd23 in #3910)
- Subscribe to location changes along context. Fixes usage with React Redux (@ryanflorence in bb7d8ee and ce59676)
- Strip propTypes in production (@mjackson in eb8a4ef)
- Remove the entire website application from the npm package (@timdorr in a5e05f7)
- StaticRouter now tracks location in state (@mjackson in 5550cc3)
- Rename PropTypes.router to PropTypes.routerContext (@mjackson in c8510da)
- Remove direct history dependency (@mjackson in a603eaa)
Quick Version Note
I've swapped out the version string to better represent the prerelease nature of the
v4 branch currently. It may not have been obvious before, but according to semver, any version string with a
-anything on the end is considered a prerelease version. I've seen some references to the versions before as 4.0.1 and 4.0.2. This isn't correct, as we haven't yet pushed a 4.0.0 final version. This is not production-ready code. We're not done building 4.0!
And, most importantly, we need your help to figure out things that are missing, either stuff that should go into the core of React Router or external libraries and code patterns that need to be established. React Router is now a building block as much as React itself is, and this more lean, mean, super-minimal core means that you can build a lot of interesting stuff on top of it. Now's a great time to get into open source and contribute some code. Keep those issues and PRs coming!
Also, for the love of god, yes, we know the docs site isn't scrollable. We'll push a new version soon!
Use this link for the docs site from now on: https://react-router.now.sh/ We'll keep it updated.
npm install react-router@beta
Sep 16, 2016
- Feature: Add Promise support to async route functions (#3719)
- Bugfix: Fix redirects that specify
- Feature: Support omitting
- Refactor: Use
history.transitionTofor redirects (#3799)
- Feature: Support
routeras a prop on
withRouter-wrapped components for overriding the router object from context (#3729)
- Feature: Add
- Bugfix: Warn on invalid router middlewares (#3717)