RealOpInsight Ultimate is a web-based business service monitoring tool allowing advanced aggregation and correlation of monitoring events on top of existing systems, including Nagios®, Zabbix®, ManageEngine OpManager®, Pandora FMS®, Zenoss®, Icinga®, op5®, Centreon®, Shinken®, GroundWork®, and more.
RealOpInsight is released under the terms of GPLv3 License. See the LICENSE file.
This component needs to be installed on the user workstation.
For building and running RealOpInsight Ultimate, you will need the following:
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bits
- GCC-C++ >= 4.7
- Install Qt version 5.5 with the following modules : QtCore, QtGui, QtSvg, QtWebKit, QtXml, QtScript. Other versions may work but are not tested.
- sudo apt-get install graphviz
- sudo apt-get install postgresql-client-9.5 postgresql-server-dev-9.5 postgresql-server-dev-all
- sudo apt-get install libldap2-dev
- sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-dev
- Install Wt Web Toolkit version 3.3.9 with PostgresSQL dbo features
You just have to follow the next steps, assuming you have a Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bits with all the above dependencies installed. $ indicates a terminal prompt.
- Checkout the latest source package from Github
$ git clone https://github.com/RealOpInsightLabs/realopinsight-ultimate.git
- Move to the source directory
$ cd realopinsight-ultimate/
- Export environement variable
- Launch the installation
$ sudo ./install-manager -m ultimate
Then wait that the installation completes.
- Move forward Please go to RealOpInsight Ultimate documentation website at http://docs.realopinsight.com, go throughout our tutorials and user/administrator manuals to start mastering the software.
Create PostgreSQL database
See official documentation for more details: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/tutorial-createdb.html
The following page would be also helpful: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7695962/postgresql-password-authentication-failed-for-user-postgres
Install the following packages:
$ sudo apt-get install postgresql-client-9.5 postgresql-9.5
Start PostgreSQL server
$ sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql start
Launch PostgreSQL prompt
$ sudo -u postgres psql This will start a prompt as follows: postgres=#
If it's a new installation of PostgreSQL, set a password for postgres user
postgres=# ALTER USER postgres PASSWORD 'newPassword';
Create a user for the RealOpInsight database and set a password
postgres=# CREATE USER realopinsight; postgres=# ALTER USER realopinsight WITH ENCRYPTED PASSWORD '<password>';
Create a database
postgres=# CREATE DATABASE realopinsight;
Granting privileges on database to the user
postgres=# GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE realopinsight TO realopinsight ;
Security notes about integration with PostgreSQL
Note that the role in PostgreSQL does not need:
- to be a superuser
- to be allowed to create databases
- to be allowed to create more new roles