Easily set up a Red Hat Satellite server with restored backup data.
Throughout this documentation, ensure that you understand the following terminology:
- Source server: Existing Satellite server.
- Target server: new server, to which Satellite server is being cloned.
Supported Satellite Versions
What you need:
- A blank (vanilla install) RHEL 7 server (target server). You will run the setup commands here.
- A backup from a Satellite server (source server) created with
satellite-maintain. This backup can be with or without pulp data, and can be from a RHEL 6 or 7 machine.
- You will need a Satellite 6 subscription for the cloned machine. With the new Satellite Infrastructure subscription model you should have multiple Satellite subscriptions available.
On the target server:
git clone this project.
# git clone https://github.com/RedHatSatellite/satellite-clone.git
ansiblepackage. Ansible should be installed from extras channel.
# subscription-manager repos --enable rhel-7-server-extras-rpms # yum install -y ansible
To make a contribution, please fork the repository and open up a pull request with your branch. All pull requests need to have a corresponding issue, you can comment the issue that your are fixing by putting
Fixes #302 (where 302 is the issue number) in the commit message. If there is no issue yet for your problem, just open one up! Community issues and contributions are always appreciated.