Super Haxagon is a Super Hexagon clone for the 3DS. It runs full speed on the old 3DS, new 3DS, and in citra-emu/citra. You'll need ctrulib, citro3d, and sf2dlib to build this application.
When downloading the source, make sure to clone with
--recursive to grab all of the included dependencies. Finally, remember
main.c from the fonts folder so that this program will actually compile.
Q: How do I download this?
A: Downloads are available on the releases page.
Q: How do I download the default music?
A: See the readme in the sdmc folder.
Q: How can I create my own levels?
A: You can use Haxa-Editor! Follow the directions in the README.md of that repository for more details.
Q: I made this really cool level, can I show you?
A: Of course you can! If it's really good I'll add it to the game! Please follow the guidelines in the contributing file before you submit your level, though!
Q: Can I contribute?
A: Yup, follow the directions here!
Q: Can I use my own music/levels?
A: Yes! See the readme in the sdmc folder for more details.
Q: It says "AWW SNAP!" whenever I launch the game or press B on the main menu!
A: OK, that's not a question, but please look in the root of your SD card for the file "haxapanic.txt" and read it. If it does not answer your question, file a bug report here.
Q: Why is there no audio at all?
A: You need to dump your DSP firmware! Normally this is covered when installing A9LH through 3ds.guide's "Section VI - Finalizing setup". If it is not, Launch the Homebrew Launcher from the home menu and select “DSP Dump”.
Q: Why did you rewrite the whole thing?
Q: Can I play this on my PC?
A: You should buy Super Hexagon and support the original creator!
Q: But I want to play YOUR version on PC!
A: Have you ever heard of citra-emu/citra? (Make sure to enable "scaled resolution" for the best experience)!
- Audio from Open Hexagon
- ...And more audio by Kevin MacLeod under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
- Font engine by flarn2006/SF2DBmpFont
- 2D engine by xerpi/sf2dlib
- 3D engine by fincs/citro3D
- Smea for the CTR User library
- Actual font: Bump IT UP
- and all of the people on the contributors page (seriously, thanks!)
- Sweet 3D banner
- Dynamic level loading from both ROMFS and SDMC!
- Open source AND readable code
- Different sided center shapes (from 3 sides to a lot of sides)!
- Sound using ndsp
- Supports uncompressed WAV files
- Walls that move and collide with the player
- Can collide with the player
- You will stop moving when you hit the side of walls
- A functional game over screen
- Really cool death animation
- Sound effects
- Main menu
- Plays sound effects and animations
- Support by the community!
- And much more!
Contributing to the project will make a better game for everyone! Before you work on a feature, please make sure I know. If you are implementing a new feature, I'd be happy to acccept it!