Red Pitaya Aluminum Case assembly
Regardless whether you bought your Red Pitaya aluminum case in a kit or as a separate add on, you will need to manually asembile it.
Red Pitaya Aluminum Case assembly parts
- 4 screws that close the housing and hold the board
- 4 rubber feet for secure positioning on the desk
- a thermal pad (just barely be seen in the photo)
- a transparent plastic rod, the light of red LED (Ready / CPU activity) guided to the top of the caseing
On the Interior, there is a block located in the upper part of the housing (right) which passes the heat to the housing, hence the entire case acts as a heat sink.
On the lower part there are fits to a few air vents (left).
Apertures in the case expose connections to the expansion ports E1 and E2.
Remove small plastic feet by pressing the clips at the top, with a small pair of pliers and push the feet down.
For STEMlab 125 -14 repeat the procedure with the heat sink by pressing the clips together on the bottom and push the holder gently up.
The heat sink STEMlab 125 -10 is bonded with the FPGA, slightly turn the heat sink, as shown in the picture below, until it comes loose.
- Remove the remainder of the thermal paste.
- Apply the thermal pad to the CPU.
- Place the Red Pitaya board into the bottom part of casing.
- Turn the top part of the casing upside down and place the light guiding plastic.
- Close it up with the bottom part of casing including the Red Pitaya board. Make sure that holes from the board and the caseing are aligned.
- Screw the 4 screws.
- Stick rubber feet.