Generator for OpenAPI repository
There are a few advantages in hosting your API definition + docs on GitHub:
- Community engagement (PR's and issues)
- Hosting on GitHub pages (perfect uptime, CDN, Jekyll, custom domains with CNAME)
- Advertisment in the GitHub community
- Revision history, branching, CI
- Fast on-boarding time (developers and tech writers know how to use GitHub
- Fully compatible with Redocly API Reference too
This generator helps to create a GitHub repo with the following features:
- Possibility to split a big OpenAPI definition into smaller files and bundle it for deployment
- Continuous integration/deployment on Travis
- Code samples as separate files
- OpenAPI definition is validated after each commit
- OpenAPI definition + ReDoc deployed to Github Pages (you can use a custom domain)
- Live editing in your editor or
Examples of generated repositories
How to generate your repository
We assume you already have node.js installed.
npm install -g create-openapi-repo
npx create-openapi-repo <spec-root>
- Create GitHub repo where your OpenAPI spec will live.
- Clone your repo and execute the following command inside it:
- Commit and push your changes to the GitHub and follow instruction from
README.mdof your newly created repo.