Fork of Mieze's Intel Mausi Network Driver by RehabMan
How to Install:
Install to /S/L/E or /L/E using your favorite kext installer.
Or if using during installation, copy the kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
There are no real changes in this repo. I only forked it so I could have a build on bitbucket for automated scripts which download and install (via download.sh and install_downloads.sh used by my guides)
I will occasionally update the repo to sync with Mieze's changes (after testing).
Downloads are available on Bitbucket:
Original README follows:
OS X driver for Intel onboard LAN
A few days before Christmas I started my latest project, a new driver for recent Intel onboard LAN controllers. My intention was not to replace hnak's AppleIntelE1000e.kext completely but to deliver best performance and stability on recent hardware. That's why I dropped support for a number of older NICs. Currently the driver supports:
- 5 Series
- 6 and 7 Series
- 8 and 9 Series
- 100 Series
Key Features of the Driver
- Support for multisegment packets relieving the network stack of unnecessary copy operations when assembling packets for transmission.
- No-copy receive and transmit. Only small packets are copied on reception because creating a copy is more efficient than allocating a new buffer.
- TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offload (receive and transmit).
- Support for TCP/IPv6 and UDP/IPv6 checksum offload.
- Makes use of the chip's TCP Segmentation Offload (TSO) feature with IPv4 and IPv6 in order to reduce CPU load while sending large amounts of data.
- Fully optimized for Yosemite and Mavericks (64bit architecture) but should work with Mountain Lion and Lion too, provided you build from source with the 10.8 or 10.7 SDK.
- Support for Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE).
- VLAN support is implemented but untested as I have no need for it.
- The driver is published under GPLv2.