Sitecore sitemap module that tries to be as much flexible and configurable as possible.
It has two main assumptions:
Gives end user as many as possible configuration options. It is easier to edit Sitecore items than edit and deploy config files.
Code functionality should be extensible and overridable. It should be easy to extend or override functionality, without decompiling and copy-pasting a lot of code.
Module was based on the original Sitemap XML module
- Configurations for sites controlled from Content Editor
- Defining < changefreq > and < priority > tags for templates and specified items
- Language fallback for configuration items
- Overridable method ProcessItems() for specifing own low-level logic
- Generating sitemap index file
Original Sitemap XML features
- Multisite and multilanguage support
- Automatically updated robots.txt file
- Physical XML sitemaps files generation
- Automatic sitemap submit on publish
- Install zip package using Sitecore Package Installer
- Dynamic Sitemap XML provides Sitecore.SharedSource.DynamicSitemap.config configuration file installed in /App_Config/Include directory.
Setting that can be specified there:
- sitemapConfigurationOutputFolder - folder where will be generated sitemap xml files
- refreshRobotsFile (true or false) - indicates that robots.txt file will be updated with references to sitemap xml files
- xmlnsTpl - sitemap module schema used for the XML sitemap
- database - the database from which to pull items for generating the sitemap
- productionEnvironment - (true or false) determines whether the sitemap should be submitted to the search engines or not