This is a delta RepRap design named after Konrad Lorenz.
See also the RepRap Lorenz Facebook group:
There is nothing majorly innovative about it, but it was designed with the following in mind:
- Few trailing wires - they are buried in the prints wherever possible,
- Generic axis that can work for a delta or Cartesian design,
- No timing belts - the drives are fine wires coiled on smooth pulleys,
- No bearings - or rather printed bearings running on PTFE sliders made from Bowden tube,
- Hollow axis rods to allow services to run up the middle of them (including the Bowden tube),
- Axis rods used also as electrical connections,
- Adjust, clamp, then glue to get accuracy in the dimensions of the machine, and
- Almost all fixing screws are self-tapping, so few nuts.