- Official Website
- Getting Started
- Change Log
- Feature Requests
- Chat with us
- T-Shirts Shop
- Translations (We need your help!)
- Special Thanks
Wiki.js can run on virtually all platforms where Node.js can (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.).
- Node.js 6.11.1 or later
- MongoDB 3.2 or later
- Git 2.7.4 or later
- An empty Git repository (optional)
Read the full prerequisites article for full details.
Docker / Cloud Install
Deploy to IBM Cloud Foundry using this pre-built deployment template (thanks to @seafre):
The legacy Wiki.js documentation site is actually running Wiki.js! Check it out »
We do not provide a demo with write access because of potential security / spam issues. The best way to try it is to install it on your own server / computer. It's easy!
Current and upcoming milestones (major features only, see the changelog for complete list of features and bug fixes):
1.0.102 - Stable
Note: As 2.0 is under development, no new features are being developed in the 1.0 branch.
- Added: Open ID Connection provider (thanks to @sazulo)
- Added: Turkish locale is now available (thanks to @MrSimsek)
- Fixed: Paths in git commits are no longer escaped (thanks to @EricFromCanada)
- Fixed: Fixed potential bug when uploading certain images (thanks to @Gnurdle)
2.0.0 - Dev
- Decouple front-end and back-end completely.
- All operations and queries will be made via GraphQL API.
- New fully responsive layout, with better customization capabilities.
- Full localization support, especially for non-latin languages.
- Modular approach to auth, editors, logging, search and storage.
Release Date: Q3 2018
- MongoDB is being phased out in favor of PostgreSQL/MySQL/MSSQL/SQLite + Redis. An upgrade tool will be provided to migrate existing data to the new system.
- Node.js 8.9 LTS or later is now the minimum supported version.
- GraphQL API
- Migrate to Objection.js + Redis datastore
- Telemetry for analytics and crash reporting (Optional and fully anonymized)
- Docker support + Auto compile/publish to Docker Hub
- Make use of all available CPU cores, distributed jobs queue
- Modular authentication providers (+ new Auth0, Discord and Twitch providers)
- Persist system settings to database instead of file-based
- Shared kernel for both app and setup
- Improved installation wizard
- Modular logging providers
- New Login page
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
- New Navigation Concept
- New Admin Area
- System Info
- Manage Groups
- Manage Users
- Manage Authentication Strategies
- Manage Storage Targets
- Requarks Graph
- Locales + translations
- Modular editors
- Markdown editor
- Core Editor
- Live Preview
- Move / Rename
- Image + File Manager
- Markdown editor
- Modular content parsers/renderers
- Modular search engines
- Azure Search
- Modular storage engines
- Local Disk
- Multilingual versions of the same page (i18n)
- History / Revert to previous version
- User Groups + Better permissions management
- Tags per document / folder
- Comments / Discussion per document
- Profile page per user
- Diagrams as code (Mermaid module)
- Additional search engines
- Additional storage engines
- Google Drive
- Amazon S3
- Azure Blob Storage
- DigitalOcean Spaces
- SCP (SSH)
- Modular Editor: TinyMCE (wysiwyg)
- Better simultaneous user editing handling
- High Availability support (multiple concurrent instances)
Want to discuss features, ideas or issues? Join our gitter channel. We are very active and friendly!
Want to donate to this project but get something in return as well? Check out our amazing t-shirts for men, women and kids, as well as other goodies: Wiki.js Shop
We are looking for translators to make Wiki.js available in multiple languages. If your language is not listed below and would like to contribute to this project, contact us on our gitter channel and we'll provide you with the necessary tool to add translations, no coding required!
Languages that are already translated:
- Chinese - Thanks to @choicky
- Czech - Thanks to @braniqvranik
- Dutch - Thanks to @weirdwater
- Estonian - Thanks to @vonforum
- German - Thanks to @joetjengerdes, @MyZeD
- Greek - Thanks to @ekchatzi
- Italian - Thanks to @CupCakeArmy
- Japanese - Thanks to @johnnyshields, @JO3QMA
- Korean - Thanks to @junwonpk
- Persian - Thanks to @ashkang
- Portuguese - Thanks to @felipeplets
- Russian - Thanks to @efimlosev
- Slovak - Thanks to @braniqvranik
- Spanish - Thanks to @MatiasArriola
- Swedish - Thanks to @pontus-andersson
Algolia for providing access to their incredible search engine.
Browserstack for providing access to their great cross-browser testing tools.
Cloudflare for providing their great CDN, SSL and advanced networking services.
DigitalOcean for providing hosting of the Wiki.js documentation site.
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute. [Contribute].
Thank you to all our backers!
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website. [Become a sponsor]