Our goal is to scale the Request Network Project in a decentralized way and build an efficient future together. For this to happen, we came up with a (non-exhaustive) project list. Each project can be developed either by the Request team or by anyone inside the Request Hub ecosystem. If developed by someone or a company from the ecosystem, Request Network will reward contributors with grants.
We’re looking for passionate people and teams who are willing to join forces to build out Request more efficiently. There are many other projects Request Network could support, we will thus update the list over time.
The Request Foundation allocated $30 million (in REQ & ETH) over the next 5 years to the Request Fund.
Amounts: up to $100k per project, paid out when pre-defined milestones are reached. Grants might increase for highly successful projects. These grants are intended to cover some of the costs involved so that anyone can build on top of Request.
Here is a first list of project ideas we would be keen to fund:
- Mobile apps to create, detect, and pay requests
- Invoicing apps (Paypal-like)
- Point of Sale (Square-like)
- P2P payment apps (Venmo-like software)
- Crowdfunding apps (Patreon- or Kickstarter-like)
- Online payments e-commerce plugins (WooCommerce, Shopify, Magento,…)
- Payroll apps (Gusto-like)
- Supply chain traceability
- Accounting apps (Quickbooks-like)
- Smart financial auditing algorithms
- IoT platform integration (IBM Watson, AWS IoT, Azure IoT, etc…)
- Factoring apps
- Expenses (Expensify-like)
- Virtual Reality payment integrations
- Off-chain reputation systems
- Crypto-currencies VAT/Tax payments
If your project in addition to one of these fields is also promoting financial inclusion or access to education, we will definitely regard that as a bonus.
We’re targeting skilled teams and have high expectations on focus and quality.
In your application, we will ask for the following information:
- Describe your project in one sentence.
- Describe it in detail.
- Link to the website or add any relevant link.
- What is the goal of the project?
- Who are the team members, how did you meet, and what did you manage to build so far?
- What is it that made you want to start this project?
- How long have you been working on this and how advanced is the project? (prototype, alpha, beta, …)
- Describe the timeline and milestones.
- What is the estimated total overall budget and grant amount requested?
- Have you incorporated or formed any legal entity?
- Submit your contact details.
If we’re interested, we might ask for additional details.
There will be an application review by qualified community members, and a review by the foundation.
If your project qualifies, you can expect two responses within 21 days:
A. You are eligible for a grant (ETH and REQ vesting).
B. We need more information, which could result in point A at a later point in time.
Grants will be distributed at the discretion of the Request Foundation. Conditions may change over time and based on our experience.
Feel free to learn more with the following resources: