Workshop // Exploring Gender Bias in Word Embeddings
Towards an intuitive technical understanding of bias in machine learning systems
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Check the website for complete information:
In a Nutshell
- In this 90 minutes workshop, we will explore bias in word embeddings - a widespread building block of many machine learning models that work with human languages.
- Word embeddings have an easy-to-explain representation that allows an intuitive understanding of this building block and its potential biases.
- Through the exploration, we will raise practical, methodological and philosophical questions about the ethics of AI.
- The workshop is designed to be adaptive to a diverse audience: from without any background in machine learning or programming to data science practitioners - no technical background is required!
- The workshop is hands-on and interactive, and will use the same tools that data scientists are using.