.NET 4.8 is required, Should be Pre-Installed with the Latest Version of Windows 10.
- Updated to dotnet 4.8.
- Removed Auto insert for RGB for VS and Convert Bits for AVS. Most are no longer useful due to 10Bit+ Videos are more common now.
- This is a pure Refresh Release, Mainily designed to update some of the encoding tools.
- This Release contains all the Changes from the Pipeline along with the Following.
- Updated Temp Folder Creation and Long Path Checker (Long Path Checker is only used on any OS below Window 10)
- Updated Comparison Tool It shouldn't need to index file when ffms2 is used.
- Updated Both Contact Sheet Creator and Video Comparison tool to use LWLibavVideoSource over the Standard L-Smash.
- Updated Visual Studio to 2019 RC, Anything Compiled will be using RC Build of VS 2019.
- VS: The default Resizer Code is slightly Different Compared to Base VS Resizer Code in the Context Menu.
- VS: SVPFlow Altered to Target CurrentFramte & Num / Den to achieve the Final Framerate instead of rounding. Type quality has also been Changed, aswell linear light support has been added (GPU Only).
- x265: AQmode Tweaked for the new Defaults.
- XAA Remove from AVS (Temp), due to certain Functions being alter in AVS+ core.
- VS: Updated DGIndexNV Load Function It now loads using it's native method instead of AVS load function.
- VS: G41Fun replaces hnwvsfunc
- VS: hnwvsfunc Script removed
- VS: fvsfunc functions updated
- VS: Auto-Deblock Added to Context Menu
- VS: nnedi3_rpow2 added to Script folder for Support.
- VS: Added FixTelecinedFades to Context Menu for RCR.
- Rebuilt QVSEnc Encoder Script
- x265 Has been updated to 3.0-AU With any Additional Chnages.
- Added Merge: XviD Encoding code has been Updated (Credit: jkilez)
- Added Merge: Chapter Cutting Feature to MkvMuxer (Credit: wybb)
- Brand New Update System All done within the App
- New Tab Added to x265 for Bitstream due to all the new Flags.
- Updated the default state of the x265 flags that were changed.
- x265 Flags Added:
- Zone File
- HRD Concat(The Flag is currently improperly marked in x265 cli)
- Dolby Vision RPU
- Dolby Vision Profiles
- Tuning: Animation
- Refine CTU Distortion
- refine-mv-type renamed to refine-analysis-type
- rav1e Flags Added:
- Min Key Int
- Added Support additional support for LongPaths
- There are two ways the app can name the files & Folders based on your OS & Harddrive Type
- If One Method fails it now has a fallback method to use.
- Fixed QSVEnc key, Which was locking some users out.
- Updated the VapourSynth scripts that have been updated recently.
- Updated the filter names for Vapoursynth and removed the ones that don't exist anymore.
- Updated the switches for VCEnc
- Updated the MTModes Syntax for AVSynth
- Updated DFTTest syntax for Vapoursynth, Opt Settings is now set to AVX2(Settings it below 3 will set it to AVX or None).
- Added additional source filter when StaxRip internal thumbnail is used, some source files did not get along with ffms.
- Updated VapourSynth and Tweaked SVPFlow & Added Additional Option to use BlockFPS.
- Updated FFmpeg, MKVToolNix, NVENC, Rav1e, x265 & MediaInfo
- Python Support now includes Miniconda as well, Python 3.7.2 can be used as well.
- Included Both Old and Newer versions of MediaInfo Just incase it breaks something again.
- Re-Enabled MediaInfo Folder Function, Since The Bug in MediaInfo has been fixed.
- Added & Updated All the Output Path Options for MTN, StaxRip Thumbnailer, Gif & PNG Creators.
- The Help System for the Encoders Has been Altered. All the Help System works the Same now.
- Updated the dll files for both Avisynth & VapourSynth for filters that have been updated.
- Support for PNG has been added for VFW Saving Screenshot(Default Options are PNG & BMP, With JPG being able to be added in the Edit Menu).
- Cleaned up and Organized for File Structure inside App Folder.
- a small tweak in regards to the VFW.
- Updated mpvnet
- Plus some other changes as well.
- Plus all the Changes From Previous Two Beta Release(See Below)
2.0 Beta 2
- Updated a few of FFMpeg Flags for Audio Demuxing / Encoding.
- Moved HDR Ingest in Options Menu to Video Tab.
- Support for HLG Metadata has been Added to Ingest.
- Added Support for VUI for the Following ColorSpaces: Display P3 and DCI P3 (It still Must pass the other HDR Checks)
- Proper Master-Display data has been added for Display P3 and DCI P3.
- Support for Webm Subtitles has been Added For srt, sup, idx Files.
- Updated the VUI Import for HDR10, Due to MediaInfo Changes to Output Names.
- Changed the VUI import name for HLG, Due to MediaInfo not using proper colorspace name.
- Added Some Support for HLG to VUI import function, MediaInfo does not contain all HLG Metadata.
- Updated all the Help Files for the Encoders.
- Rav1e Encoder Has Been Added to Support AV1 codec. Flags: --tune --limit --speed --quantizer --keyint --low_latency --custom
- NVEnc Added Flags:
- QSVEnc Added Flags:
-vpp-scaling -> -vpp-resize
- Removed any Switches that no longer exist in the CLI Encoders.
- Updated FFMPEG to 4.1
- ReBuilt MPVNet to work on Both older and Newer Systems(Requires Dotnet 4.8).
- Support has been added for MKV, Webm and MP4 to AV1.
- 32 Float Filters have been Added(Oyster, Plum, Vine)
- FFMPEG Shared dll Files has been Updated to 4.1
- Added mpvnet back with fully working mpv dll file.
- Re-Enabled MediaInfo Folder, It's Been Fixed to with latest MediaInfo Code.
- x264 has Been Updated to 2935
- x265 has Been Updated to 2.9+9
- Cleaned up the Config Files.
- Update Script has been moved to Python Code, instead of basic Powershell Script.
- Site Packges Required: bs4(BeautifulSoup), Requests, win32api, tqdm, & psutil
- Added Update Script for NVEnc & QVSEnc.
- mtn has been Updated, Uses less Shared files.
2.0 Beta 1
- Temp Folder Creation has been slightly altered
- Removed some old Code, That wasn't doing anything anymore.
- AVSMeter has Been Updated to 2.8.6.
- Updated eac3to, fdkaac & qaac.
- nnedi3 for AVS has Been Updated to 0.9.4
- x264 & x265 have compiled Using GCC ToolChain instead of MVS.
- Python Search Path has been Updated to 3.7/3.7.1 & Python 3.6 has been Removed.
- Also Included Support for Anaconda3.
- The VapourSynth Script has been slightly altered to work better with Python Search Path.
- VS has been Updated to R45.
- MKVToolNix Updated to 22.214.171.124
- Added hnwvsfunc for VS & mClean to Context Menu.
- Cleaned up the AVS Filter Names.
- Added MultiSharpen Function
- Modified the Profile List for x265, Only Profiles that work with Current Selected Depth with Display now.
- Removed any 8Bit x265 Profiles that no Longer used with 2.9(Based on: https://x265.readthedocs.io).
- Moved Some Extra Functions to the System Process.
- Custom Directory Output Option has been Added to StaxRip Thumbnail Creator & MTN. It's Default Directory is the last Used Location. If none is known it defaults to C Drive(Fresh Install)
- Added support for Long Path Aware(Make Sure to Enable it If your OS Supports it)
- Fixed any Issues for very Short filenames being converted to wrong type.
- Removed MediaInfo 18.08.1 Due to Bugs it contains and Re-Added MediaInfo 18.05.
- Added More Support for HDR to Intel Encoder.
- VS Filters Added: W3FDIF, MiniDeen, IT, TDeintMod, VC* Filters & TemporalMedian.
- Updated mvtools-sf to AVX, The latest Builds only use AVX2 which not all CPU's Support.
- Added Support for RawSourcePlus for Avisynth and RawSource for VapourSynth. Default Pixel_type is set to YUV420P10 (aka P010).
- Dual Package Setup for x264 have been Removed for Single release x264(8+10Bit). The Depth menu will set the Output Bits, exactly like x265.
- Following Have Been Added to x264:
- ColorMatrix: Added chroma-derived-nc, chroma-derived-c, and ICtCp.
- Added Alternative Transfer
- vbv-init has been modded to have a locked value and proper float point scaling.
- FFTW Files will auto copy to System Directory, if your PC is missing these files in the System32 Folder(Fresh Install).
- MP4Box is back to Static Once again.
- Included Setup files for Python 3.7.1 & VS R45 to make sure the proper versions are being installed for StaxRip.
Added a new Marco to the list.
Added Total System Memory to System Environment & Logging
mpv has been updated to the latest nightly release
FFmpeg has been updated to 4.0.2
Mediainfo has been updated to 18.08.1
MP4Box has been Updated and includes required dll files that are required now.
NVEnc has been updated to 4.12
QSVEnc has been updated to 3.09
x264 has been updated to 2932
x265 has been updated to 2.8+68
MKVToolNix has been Updated to 26.0.0
AVSMeter has been Updated to 2.8.5
Added Two new Scripts for HDR10+ AVS & VS Version. Along with updated Script for Source load.
Added Support Added for FFMS LoadCPlugins. FFMS2K will use the normal LoadPlugin Function.
Avisynth and Vapousynth have Separate Menu tabs in the App Forms. Vapoursynth is no longer buried inside Avisynth Menu at the bottom.
Removed all the dead links from Package Section and Replaced them with the most up to date URL's, If one existed.
Added Support for PNG & Tiff when saving a screenshot of a single Frame in the Preview Window. To add or Remove a format, Everything can be done through the Edit Menu.
StaxRip now has a Update Function through PowerShell Script(Can be Accessed Via: Tools -> Advanced -> Check For Update. It will first Shutdown the app and check for updates. If a new version is avaible, it download, extract and re-open StaxRip.
Updated the PowerShell 5 Reference Assemblies to version 1.1.0.
Framework has been Updated to 4.7.2.
The main drop-down menus have been cleaned up and better organized
The control boxes For the codecs have also been cleaned up, to create a shorter drop down.
Subtitle Tools have been moved to Advanced -> Tools -> Subtitles.
Added vscube, Second Scripts for Utils and some small tweaks to selected scripts for AVS+.
Updated VapourSynth Plugins & Context menu (See Below for Context Options).
Like with AVS+ There are allot more functions supported, Not all have been added to the context menu.
- Template Folder has been Renamed to just Templates & .dat file has been Renamed to Settings.dat. All your previous Templates will still work, Just move them to the new folder.
Internal Thumbnail Creator Has been Updated with the Following Features:
- Added support for PNG, BMP & TIFF.
- It Fully supports HDR10, HDR10+ and HLG.
- Add support for Gap (The space between each shot, default: 0).
- The ability to disable the StaxRip Logo has been added.
- The Font styles have been changed to DejaVu Serif which give a much clearer & cleaner look.
- The Default Logo Font Style has been changed to mikadan, Which gives the logo a bit more Style.
- If for what reason you do not have DejaVu Serif or mikadan font, They have been included. Once installed They can be deleted. FontAwesome & Segoe-MDL2-Assets must remain next to .exe file.
- Cleaned up the Header to make look more Professional like and added more video & Audio Details.
- File: name
- Size: Filesize in bytes / MBS, Length, and average bitrate.
- Video: Codec, Format Profile, colorspace,colour_range, Bitrate, FrameRate, ChromaSubsampling, Height & Width
- VideoCodec (The old code wasn't working with latest version of Mediainfo.)
- Audio: Codecs, Channels, kHz and Bitrate
- The Matrix for the Creator has also Been tweaked for correct colorspace.
Added Support for New Thumbnail Creator Which can be used by it self or added into the project process. It Uses FFMPEG engine to create the Thumbnails without the need to index any file(s). Options Support as of Right Now: - Number of Columns - Number of Rows - Width of Each Shot - Height of Each Shot - Depth of Each Shot - Quality of Jpg
Added Animation Support in the Form of gif & apng(png). by it self or be added into a project process. It Uses FFMPEG engine to create the animation without the need to index any file(s). Options for Gif:
- Scale (Width x auto)
- FrameRate (No Float points are Support, it must be a solid number like 60 and not 59.940.)
- Statistics Mode
- Diff Mode
- Dither Options
- Starting Time (in Seconds) - Supports Float Points like 25.2.
- Length(in Seconds) - Supports Float points.
Options For aPNG:
- Starting Time (in Seconds) - Supports Float points.
- Length(in Seconds) - Supports Float points.
- FrameRate - No Support for Float points.
- Scale (Width x auto)
- Opt Settings (zlib,7zip & Zopfli) - zlib is the fastest with Zopfli being the slowest. 7zip is the balance between the two.
Updated all Vapoursynth variable names for existing filters that have been changed or removed since 1.7.
Tweaked the Job Loading function, When a previous job is loaded into StaxRip the form will now automatically close.
Added Support for Remaining HDR10 colorspace Metadata, To make it full compatible with HDR10 Standards(MKV Only). The function can be enabled in the option section under Image -> Extras. It can also be done Manually The tool can be accessed by Apps -> MediaInfo -> MKVHDR
Altered VUI import system to match MediaInfo changes. For HDR10 it must match BT.2020 Colorspace. It will now also enable the additional flags in VUI and Bitstream to encode to HDR10. GOP & VBV Settings will have to be set manually.
Removed the Character Limit on the Temp Folders. It will not longer create the '...' after it hits 30 characters Which was designed for Windows 260 limit(Mainly for older Windows). If you need more then 260 characters you can alter the GroupPolicy Settings which will allow your to bypass the limit.
Added MKVinfo App to menu to check colorspace coordinates (Which Mediainfo no longer displays), This is useful for HDR content to make sure metadate has the correct HDR metadata.
MediaFolder Folder Option has been Disabled(It was no longer Working correctly due to latest update to Mediainfo) and has been replaced with the internal MediaInfo GUI that allows you to open any media file, If it's loaded in StaxRip or not.
- 12Bit Profiles Have Been Added
- VUI Menu has been Broken Up into two Menus now due to the Growing Number of options in the VUI section.
- VBVinit, VBVend, VBV Adjustment with VBVinit being tweaked.
- Maximum AU size Factor
- refine-intra has been increased to Level 4
- multi-pass-opt-analysis & multi-pass-opt-distortion have been moved to Rate Control 1 menu to make room for VBV options in Rate Control 2 Menu.
VapourSynth Updated Context Menu: The List of all Included Filters:
- Convert To
- Format (Mainly Designed for HDR to SDR)
- To 444
- To RGB
- To YUV
- Dither Tools
- Support Filters
- Anamorphic to Standard
- Deblock PP7
- Vinverse 2
- All Filter are 64Bit enabled.
- Scripts and Code is designed for Avisynth+. Using older versions of Avisynth will unlikely work with everything.
- Restored the Old Icon and removed the RIP Icon.
- Added Support for Max CLL, MAX FALL and Master-Display for Nvidia H.265 Encoder.
- Added Support for Max CLL, MAX FALL and Master-Display for QSVEnc(Intel) H.265 Encoder.
- XviD has been Updated to 1.3.5
- Updated x265 to version 2.8+12(8+10+12 Bit Support)
- Add Support for AVX512 for x265
- Updated FFMPEG to 4.0+
- Updated NVENCc to 4.07
- QSVEnc(Intel) has been Updated to 3.05
- MKVToolNix has been Updated to version 23.
- Updated MP4Box to 0.7.2
- eac3to has been Updated to 3.34
- AVSMeter has been Updated to 2.7.8
- fdkaac has been compiled for 64Bit
- Mediainfo has been Updated to 18.05
- FrameServer for VirtualDub2 and VirtualDub 64Bit works with Video. Currently a small issue with Audio not decoding properly (Files are Included)
- MPVnet has been Replaced with MPV. It uses the extact same code as MPVnet. MPVnet was replaced due to playback issues it was creating.
- Project X has been Removed
- Java has been Removed
- AV1 has been Removed for the Time Being (Encoder is unstable).
- mClean has been Updated to 3.2.
- awarpsharp2 has been Updated to 2.0.1
- FrameRateConventer Has been Updated to 1.2.1
- JPSDR has been Updated to 126.96.36.199
- MaskTools2 Has been Updated to 2.2.14
- MVTools2 has been Updated to 2.7.31
- QTGMC has been Updated to 3.358s
- TIVTC has been Updated to 1.0.11
- Added Color, FrameRate, Line, and Restoration context Menu. The List of all Included Filters:
- = Not Freeware.
- Hardware Resize
- Resize(Z) - Uses ZLib
- Hardware Crop
- LSFmod (With More Syntax added for better results then Default)
- MTMode (Multithreading)
- SplitVertical (For MT)
- Deblock (Includes Dll for Both old and New versions, New version is enabled by Default).
- ColorYUV (AutoGain)
- Levels and the Correct color levels for each BitDepth.
- Convert(Format(ColorSpace), To(DataFormat), Bits(BitDepth)
- Dither Tools
- DFTTest (For Stack)
- HDRNoise (Function must be Entered Manually to Use)
- HDR Tone Mapping
- = Not Freeware
- SVPFlow (Scales to 59.940 and uses GPU by Default)
- QTGMC (With additional Syntax for both Interlaced and Progressive Sources. Plus Repair option for bad interlaced sources (Includes Progressive)
- Assume (AssumeTFF & AssumeBFF)
- Select (SelectEven & SelectOdd)
- KNLMeansCL (Added Device_type to Syntax)
- DeNoiseMD + Histogram
- DenoiseMF + Histogram
- HDRNoise (Syntax must be entered Manually)
- SpatialSoften (YUY2 Only)
- MCTemporalDenoise (Script has been Updated to work properly with GradFun2DB & GradFun2DBMod).
- MCTemporalDenoisePP (Same as Above)
- xNLMeans) Support Filters & Scripts:
- HDRCore Source
- MT Expand Multi
- nnedi3 rpow2
- SVPFlow 1
- SVPFlow 2
- TDent Altered: Tweak: Syntax has been alter for Adjusting saturation and includes both realcalc and dither_strength(Only Avisynth+ use these Functions).
- RemoveGrain: added a secondary option for for artifact removal.
- KNLMeansCL: Added additional syntax for Device_type which is set to Auto. It will try to use GPU first before trying to use the CPU.
- Levels with correct range for each bitdepth. Level function does not autoscale based on the bitdepth.
- added more modern Framerates to Assumefps, ConvertFPS and ChangeFPS. 144 & 240 rates have been added.
- Removed from Filter context Menu but can still works with the auto loading feature(Syntax must be Entered Manually):
- Clense (Part of JPSDR)
- Vinverse 2
Filters and Software that Support AVX2: aWarpSharp2, DCTFilter, DFTTest, JPSDR, Masktools2, TMM2, TNLMeans, yadifmod2, x265 - By default AVX or below are activate for compaiblity.
- VapourSynth is untouched(No Changes).