HTTPS clone URL
Subversion checkout URL
- dev>Contribute to the RHadoop project
- dev>Release Process
- dev>rmr>API design
- dev>rmr>Design Philosophy
- dev>rmr>Documentation guidelines for rmr
- dev>Version Control Guidelines
- Installing RHadoop on RHEL
- user>rmr>Comparison of high level languages for mapreduce k means
- user>rmr>Debugging rmr programs
- user>rmr>Efficient rmr techniques
- user>rmr>Finding Frequent Itemsets
- user>rmr>Getting data in and out
- user>rmr>Keyval types and combinations
- user>rmr>Learning resources
- user>rmr>Memory management in rmr2
- user>rmr>rmr2 settings
- user>rmr>Use Cases
- user>rmr>Writing composable mapreduce jobs
Clone this wiki locally
- 24/1/2012 - Merged branch binary-io into dev. This decision was hastened by the discovery of a R bug affecting the performance of large reduces in all branches for which a workaround has been developed. Unfortunately the patch developed for binary-io couldn't be backported, thus the decision to accelerate the merger of the binary-io into dev. While dev passes all checks in the usual testing, the new binary-io features are still under development. Please consider them more experimental than what normally goes into dev. Also please note some non-backward compatible changes in the API intended to strike a compromise between flexibility and ease of use in the IO department.
- 12/7/2011 - Version 1.1 of the package rmr is available. See the Changelog for details.
- 9/29/2011 - Version 1.0.1 available - fixes some minor defects with R CMD check tests on the packages
- 8/10/2011 - Wiki gone live
RHadoop is a collection of three R packages that allow users to manage and analyze data with Hadoop. The packages have been implemented and tested in Cloudera's distribution of Hadoop (CDH3). and R 2.13.0. THe packages have also been tested with Revolution R 4.3 and 5.0
RHadoop consists of the following packages:
rmr - functions providing Hadoop MapReduce functionality in R
rhdfs - functions providing file management of the HDFS from within R
rhbase - functions providing database management for the HBase distributed database from within R
Overview of RHadoop, from the Revolution Analytics blog.
Slides and Replay of 30-minute presentation about RHadoop, "Leveraging R in Hadoop Environments".