757dev Slack Team Code of Conduct
All members of our Slack group are required to agree with the following code of conduct. Organizers will enforce this code throughout all channels. We are expecting cooperation from all participants to help ensuring a safe environment for everybody.
- Be excellent to each other
- Do not harass others
- Job opportunities can be posted in #jobs, professional recruitment is not allowed
- Don't spam the channels with links, or links to pages, for the purpose of monetization of user views and which provide no value to the 757Dev community
- Do not use ficticious names and provide a brief description of yourself in your Slack profile.
The Quick Version
Our Slack group is dedicated to providing a harassment-free communication experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion (or lack thereof). We do not tolerate harassment of Slack participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate in any channels.
This code of conduct applies to all 757Dev spaces, including public channels, private channels and direct messages, both online and off. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of the Slack group organizers. This is a safe space, lets keep it that way.
The Less Quick Version
Harassment includes offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images, deliberate intimidation, stalking, sustained disruption of channels or other mediums, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Organizers are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. Organizers should not use sexualized content or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the Slack group organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the Slack group.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the Slack group organizers immediately. Slack group organizers can be identified through the Team Directory.
Slack group organizers will be happy to help participants experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of their time in our Slack group. We value your contribution to the community.
Conduct Specific to Recruiting and Solicitation
The 757Dev Slack group is first and foremost a safe space for the local tech community to talk, share and collaborate. Therefore, the following are specific conditions regarding solitication. "Solicitation" in this context refers to any communication where a significant movitive is pecuniary gain. Posts may be edited or deleted at the discretion of the Slack group organizers.
- Professional recruiters are not allowed access into this Slack group unless they are transitioning to a technical role or have an intent to share and collaborate with the tech community.
- Users (including admins) may not under any circumstances share personal details of members with recruiters without that user's explicit consent.
- Advertising a job opportunity in brief within the #job is acceptable only if detail is included about the employer or a mechanism is provided for self-investigation. Further discussions must happen via direct messages.
- Posts related to job opportunities or other marketing must not, under any circumstances, use referral program links where the poster of the message could earn a benefit or commission.
If you are being harassed by a member of the 757Dev Slack group, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a group organizer. Organizers will respond as soon as they are able. If the person who is harassing you is on the admin team, they will recuse themselves from handling your incident.
In order to protect volunteers from abuse and burnout, we reserve the right to reject any report we believe to have been made in bad faith. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of 757Dev members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.