A couple months after the release of 0.3.0, we are proud to announce the newest version of Thrive: 0.3.1. Although this update is not as major as the last one and does not have any new gameplay, it is full of features that make it a lot more fun to play.
In this release:
- Linux Support
- Parallax Background
- Colored NPC Microbes
- Symmetry in the Editor
- Flipped Player Cell (Forward is now up in editor)
- New .exe Icon
- A bunch of bug fixes (Audio, Broken Membrane, No Chloroplast, Flagellum, Species Name)
- Point mouse to turn
- WASD to move around
- Mouse scroll wheel to zoom
- E to release toxins (if you have any)
- G to engulf other cells (you must be bigger in size)
- ESC to bring up menu.
- F2 to switch between microbe stage and microbe editor
- F4 to save your current gamestate
- F10 to load your previous saved gamestate
- F12 to save a name-change
- Symmetry button between undo and redo in editor
- (Cheat: if you ever get frustrated by reproductase, just press ‘p’)
Click here to read the more in-depth devblog about this release. It talks about everything else we've been working on.
Thanks to oliveriver, we also have a release trailer.
Have fun Thriving!