Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Finally, the awaited end-of-summer release is here! It's a couple months after the beta that was released back in March, but we managed to squish in a bunch of new features since then and fix 12 game breaking bugs, some of which were here since pre-0.2.3. That means you should have very smooth gameplay with relatively few crashes compared to the old versions. But don't forget to save often (I spent over a week fixing that functionality)!
In this release:
- Compound Clouds! Enjoy the fluid compounds as they drift through the currents instead of the ancient, discrete particle emitters
- Continued Linux Support—Ubuntu, Arch, and Fedora should all work
- Colored Organelles—organelle materials are now tinted to be the same color as the membranes
- Damage Indicator—the membrane and all organelles now flash red when you take damage
- Process System—no longer spend hours trying to get 5 reproductase to reproduce only to have your cell get rid of it once vacuole storage are full!
- Engulfment Indicator—the membrane flashes blue when you engulf another cell (or another cell engulfs you)
- New biomes—whenever you die, you will be randomly placed into one of 5 new biomes. Discover them all!
- Endosymbiosis—engulf free-floating chloroplasts and toxin vacuoles repeatedly until you manage to assimilate them and use them for yourself
- Gameplay Tuning—less MP in the editor, better steering, less ATP consumed, and others...
- A bunch of bug fixes—most importantly, the save/load button actually works this time, and won't crash the game on you!
- Point mouse to turn
- WASD to move around
- Mouse scroll wheel (or +/- keys) to zoom
- E to release toxins (if you have any)
- G to engulf other cells (you must be bigger in size)
- ESC to bring up menu.
- F2 to switch between microbe stage and microbe editor
- F4 to save your current gamestate
- F10 to load your previous saved gamestate
- F12 to save a name-change
- Symmetry button between undo and redo in editor
Click here to read a more in-depth devblog about this release. It talks about everything we've been working on, as well as other unrelated stuff.
Have fun Thriving!