Welcome to RK Trash Collection
Don't litter, it makes the world bitter!
RK Trash Collection disrupts the way your garbage is picked up! This web app allows customers to set their pickup preferences, view account info and pay online. Trash collectors can view their route, mark their pickups and bill their customers. This was my first ASP.NET/Entity Framework project for devCodeCamp. I completed this in less than a week and received a grade of 117%. RK Trash Collection integrates 2 APIs:
- Google Maps API — for geolocating addresses and displaying maps
- PayPal API — for processing transactions
User stories (all were satisfied):
- As a new visitor to the site, I want to be able to enter my info and sign up so I can start receiving regular trash pickups.
- As a registered user, I want to be able to change my pickup day for one week or for every week to fit my schedule.
- As a registered user, I want an easy way to see how much I owe this month for the pickups I did get so I can budget accordingly.
- As a registered user, I want to be able to specify a period of time that I don't want pickup so I can go on vacation.
- As a trash collection worker, I want to see which customers in my zip code are receiving a pickup today.
- As a trash collection worker, I want to see the customers on my route using Google Maps integration.
- As a developer, I want to make good, consistent commits.
- Bonus: Add PayPal integration to actually implement payment features.
To view a demo of RK Trash Collector, visit rickkippert.com