Ever heard of Tech Journalling? The main motive of this web app is to make a 'Tech Journal' for yourself.
- Make a frontend for our web app
- Make an Authentication system
- Accept daily progress from the user and make timeline based on daily progress.
- Add the feature of following a user
- Make a reminder system so that the web app notifies the user if no progress is added for that day
- Add the share option to share your timeline on different social handles
We will make frontend of our app with React. For backend we will make a REST api with Django Rest Framework.
Phase I (07/12/2019 - 14/12/2019)
- Make frontend for the website.
- Make a sign in and sign up page
- Make home page
- Integrate authentication api with the frontend
- Make authentication api using Django Rest Framework
- Host the api on Heroku
- Make an api for daily progress input by the user
Phase II (15/12/2019 - 21/12/2019)
- Fetch daily progress api and make a timeline
- Host the website on Heroku
- Make a Reminder system which reminds the user to add their daily progress
- Add the Friends list api so that the user may see their friend's timeline
Phase III (22/12/2019-28/12/2019)
- Fetch the Friend list api and show friend list to the user
- Add the share button so that the user may tweet his timeline in Twitter.
- (optional) Add CLI for the website so that user may add his daily progress in the terminal itself.
- clone the backend folder
- Install django and django-rest-framework using pip
- clone the frontend folder
- In the root directory do npm install or yarn install
Please raise a feature request or issue before sending PR for the same.
Follow the below guidelines for proper coding practices:
- Always create a new branch for your changes and make PR from it ONLY.
- Write neat code with proper comments.
- Write descriptive commit messages. Please read this for more information.
- Write detailed PR messages and include
fixes #ISSUE_NUMBERif it closes an issue, otherwise use
concerns #ISSUE_NUMBERto tag the related issues. Please refer here for more PR guidelines.
- It is recommended to have a single commit for a task.
- Use DRY principles to create maintainable code.
All contributors / users are requested to join Slack Workspace for further discussion on ideas, PRs and issues.
For issues please raise a ticket in the issues tab in the Timeline-Wave github repository.
Mentor for the project: Ritik Jain